Question about changing out hardware on Vintage Chanel

mai_LV

O.G.
Sep 11, 2010
I just bought a vintage black lambskin classic 2.55 medium flap. It's in great condition but the gold hardware looks somewhat dull and silverish due to it's age. My question is, if I take it to chanel to change the hardware will it hurt it's resell value? I know dyeing the lambskin will make it harder so I am not even considering that but i would love shiny new "gold" What are your thoughs on this?? Should I replace the hardware or keep the old hardware?? I want my chanel to retain it's value as much as possible :smile: TIA!!

I thought so too but just wanted to make sure. So should I ask for a replate or just change out thee hardware??? The hardware is not in bad shape, just not as "gold" as I would like..

I thought so too but just wanted to make sure. So should I ask for a replate or just change out thee hardware??? The hardware is not in bad shape, just not as "gold" as I would like..

My personal preference would be to have the original hardware replated - keep the vintage bag as original as possible. They may not have the correct hardware for total replacement.

Thanks for all the replies!!! Here are some pictures of my vintage 2.55 lambskin classic.

image-1641497134.jpg

image-4148918937.jpg

image-3970730430.jpg

See how the "gold" is not as yellow and shiny?!?! I guess that's to be expected of a 20 year old bag...