Question about Chanel Turnlock hardware

TabiB

Apr 7, 2013
so i’ve been doing some research but I’ve seen so much contradictory information that I decided I would crowdsource an answer from you smart ladies : ) I’ve been lurking on this board for a bit, but as this is my first thread I would greatly appreciate it if I’m screwing up in any way! I’m just now putting my toes into the deep water of Chanel and I’m trying to learn whatever I can because I just love the brand : ) my one and only Chanel bag was what prompted me to go looking for authenticity markers and I’ve noticed the left hand “c” on my bag has an oval emblem on it that says Chanel Paris. I’ve seen it before, but not nearly as often as I see bags that don’t have it. I have read in a couple of places that if your bag has that little emblem yet says “made in Italy” on the inside that bag is counterfeit. Is that true?

For reference here’s a picture of the lovely Mrs. Urkle so you can see what I’m talking about : ) thank you!!!!

Attachments

• 5560AEE5-D599-4F1B-8357-670F75F993B2.jpeg
    5560AEE5-D599-4F1B-8357-670F75F993B2.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 309
  • B30FCF4B-095A-4CFE-8A42-2EA39AE34D2F.jpeg
    B30FCF4B-095A-4CFE-8A42-2EA39AE34D2F.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 303
  • 2900FFD0-5924-4C15-B46F-A45F8289F706.jpeg
    2900FFD0-5924-4C15-B46F-A45F8289F706.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 303
so i’ve been doing some research but I’ve seen so much contradictory information that I decided I would crowdsource an answer from you smart ladies : ) I’ve been lurking on this board for a bit, but as this is my first thread I would greatly appreciate it if I’m screwing up in any way! I’m just now putting my toes into the deep water of Chanel and I’m trying to learn whatever I can because I just love the brand : ) my one and only Chanel bag was what prompted me to go looking for authenticity markers and I’ve noticed the left hand “c” on my bag has an oval emblem on it that says Chanel Paris. I’ve seen it before, but not nearly as often as I see bags that don’t have it. I have read in a couple of places that if your bag has that little emblem yet says “made in Italy” on the inside that bag is counterfeit. Is that true?

For reference here’s a picture of the lovely Mrs. Urkle so you can see what I’m talking about : ) thank you!!!!
See I already screwed up! I meant to say I would appreciate it if someone told me if I’m screwing up in any way. ‍♀️

hello this is what i have researched about the CC locks through the years
9d02a174ec0012980dd0d65fec65bc3f.jpg

https://www.yoogiscloset.com/blog/are-chanel-classic-flap-bags-made-with-real-gold/

Reactions: zeronohiya

i've seen that emblem on a lot of seasonal bags, and lots of chanel bags are made in italy so i dont think that's anything to worry about. If now you are worried about authenticity, you should be looking for other major authenticity markers such as the serial number font / authenticity card font which can be a major tell tale.