Question about chanel Caviar leather (Shiny/Matte)

Hi guys ,

I would like to know , please . Does Chanel make boy bags in shiny Caviar leather ?
I've asked an SA at the boutique , she said that there are only two caviar leathers currently in store : Regular caviar (like the classic flap) and a matte caviar (current boy bags leather).

I am quite sure I've seen shiny caviar boy bags in the past .
Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
M Handbagaholic

I have never heard of "shiny" caviar, only "soft" caviar offered in the early 2010s and then discontinued. I have a caviar flap bag now and can reassure you if you use proper leather conditioner/cleaner, it will be shining like the sun! I actually prefer it to be matte though but it get shinnier and shinnier with cleans :sad:

I have never heard of "shiny" caviar, only "soft" caviar offered in the early 2010s and then discontinued. I have a caviar flap bag now and can reassure you if you use proper leather conditioner/cleaner, it will be shining like the sun! I actually prefer it to be matte though but it get shinnier and shinnier with cleans :sad:

Thanks for the tip Annabel's.
I tried searching "Soft Caviar" but , it's not the leather I remember.

The leather I'm looking for is kind of - almost - glossy/shiny grained caviar . But , has much less shine than a patent leather.

I've seen several types of boy caviars lately. But how "shiny" is debatable. I've found the 17C boy caviar matte, matching the aged ghw. And then the 17P boy to be relatively glossy/shiny, w matching shiny ghw.

I haven't seen anything glossier than the 17P

Hi Annabel
Please may I ask which leather conditioner/cleaner you use on your caviar - I need to condition mine (black, Beige Clair & 14c red) and I like them shiny rather than matt so would be really grateful for your knowledge.

Thanks Ellie

"Shiny" is of course relative, but compared to the caviar boys of late, 14B caviar boys were "shiny" in my opinion. The caviar grain was much more apparent though, so they were shiny yet at the same time looked rougher than the smooth matte caviar.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
"Shiny" is of course relative, but compared to the caviar boys of late, 14B caviar boys were "shiny" in my opinion. The caviar grain was much more apparent though, so they were shiny yet at the same time looked rougher than the smooth matte caviar.
Thanks ClothesFilly.
This is exactly what I wanted to describe.
But , unfortunately it seems that this bag has been discontinued :sad:

Im not sure if this helps. Are these the "shiny" caviar leather you were referring to? The Black is from 16C and the Dark Pink is from 17C. They are Minis and I know you are looking for a Boy but thought the year of purchase may help. 20170503_160849.jpg

Reactions: SCI
Hi Annabel
Please may I ask which leather conditioner/cleaner you use on your caviar - I need to condition mine (black, Beige Clair & 14c red) and I like them shiny rather than matt so would be really grateful for your knowledge.

Thanks Ellie

No problem Ellie - I use the apple conditioner, stain repellant and cleaning products. I live in the uk so had to have it shipped all the way from the US... :sad:

Reactions: Frillylily