Question about Burberry Brit "Samples"

freepockets

Male Member
Sep 7, 2013
Hi everyone! I recently checked out a men's Burberry Brit Langley Car Coat that someone is trying to sell on Kijiji.

Everything about the coat looks and feels authentic to me but it does not have material labels, as in, none were ever sewn into the inside seam. When I asked about the lack of tags, the seller said he received the coat as a gift from his sister who said she purchased it from a Burberry sample sale, presumably in New York City.

I asked about the material labels before meeting him to see the coat in person but he chose not to mention it did not have them until I saw it in person. He also claimed the coat was only worn once, which obviously isn't true from the wear on the button stitching but otherwise the coat is still in really good condition.

I tried googling whether no material labels is normal for Burberry samples but nothing came up. I also did not find anything about counterfeits also lacking material labels. I checked all the pockets in case they were located in a non-typical location but there were none.

In general, I get the sense that the seller is trying very hard to sell the coat. He dropped his price dramatically when he realized I wasn't going to buy it due to these concerns. I do not believe he is lying but his lack of forwardness about these things put me off a little bit. Anyone have any advice for me?

Last edited: