question about boutique buying 'protocol' from a new member

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to the H bag world and just recently got a Kelly 28 from resellers. I live in New York city and really want to try my luck in getting a Birkin in the stores. Can anyone give suggestions on a friendly and helpful SA in either the Madison Ave shop or the Broad St (near Wall St) store? Thank you!! :P

Reactions: bkforbes
I usually do my H shopping by phone at several boutiques where I have long standing relationships. That said, I've never cared about what bag I'm carrying when I walk into any H boutique in any city. But what I've always done is have the name of a recommended SA prior to walking into a boutique I've never visited before. The thought of having to dress to shop is galling to me.

Same here. It actually irritates me. I love that urban legend where an SA was extremely rude to a young woman dressed somewhat shabbily because they assumed she couldn't afford anything. Turned out, she was the heir to the department store and wanted to get an idea of what her salespeople were like. She came back the next day professionally dressed, and the same SA was suddenly extremely attentive and dying to help her. She informed him who she was and promptly fired him for his behavior the previous day! :P
Very Pretty Woman-esque. Don't judge a book by it's cover. There are many times I have to run into a high end store with no time to change out of my scrubs and my hair still up in a ponytail. I feel and look like a total scumbag, but it doesn't mean I can't afford anything in that store! That's why I love online shopping and why H is starting to really turn me off. No matter how much I love their products, I refuse to shop somewhere if it's no longer fun. There's enough other stress in my life. Why the heck would I want to spend thousands of dollars to stress myself out shopping?!?

Hi ladies,

Do you guys have a SA in Beverly Hills you can give me the name of? I went in today and they were extremely unhelpful. They said they didn't have any in stock and when I inquired how I could go about purchasing one, the answer (I kid you not) was "I don't really know". I asked if the Vegas locations may have some and the answer again was "I don't really know". And when I asked if I had a better chance of purchasing one in Paris, she just said "you could try".

I got a bit annoyed at all the vague answers. So if someone could give me a helpful SA's info, I would really appreciate it!

Good luck! I live in California and can't stand the BH store. I've always been rushed off the phone and I have yet to meet a nice SA. That's why this no phone order thing is so devastating. Not all of us have a "local" store that deserves our business!

Same here. It actually irritates me. I love that urban legend where an SA was extremely rude to a young woman dressed somewhat shabbily because they assumed she couldn't afford anything. Turned out, she was the heir to the department store and wanted to get an idea of what her salespeople were like. She came back the next day professionally dressed, and the same SA was suddenly extremely attentive and dying to help her. She informed him who she was and promptly fired him for his behavior the previous day! :P
Very Pretty Woman-esque. Don't judge a book by it's cover. There are many times I have to run into a high end store with no time to change out of my scrubs and my hair still up in a ponytail. I feel and look like a total scumbag, but it doesn't mean I can't afford anything in that store! That's why I love online shopping and why H is starting to really turn me off. No matter how much I love their products, I refuse to shop somewhere if it's no longer fun. There's enough other stress in my life. Why the heck would I want to spend thousands of dollars to stress myself out shopping?!?

Definitely a "big mistake" Pretty Woman moment when SAs presume that casually- attired customers don't have the money to spend and not worth their time. Here in LA/BH/OC, no one gets dolled-up to dress and quite honestly, if someone came into the boutique dressed up, I would think "nouveau riche". Most of the people who I have seen and spoken to at BH and SCP with the black AmEx are very unassuming and down-to-earth and they have better things to do (like earn money) than to get dressed up during down time to shop.

Good luck! I live in California and can't stand the BH store. I've always been rushed off the phone and I have yet to meet a nice SA. That's why this no phone order thing is so devastating. Not all of us have a "local" store that deserves our business!

You do have to develop thick skin shopping at BH and not let hauty SAs bother you. There are a few there that are ok that I have known many years- I try to avoid phone conversations as much as possible. SCP is better in terms of friendliness and approachability imo.

Hi there ladies, I need your help!!

I'm very new to Hermes. I do not own any bags or any items from Hermes, but 4 months ago I was seriously considering of getting a clic clac for christmas but obviously no stock at the Vancouver store. So I was told by the SA, if I leave my contact info I will know when the item comes in. I was thinking.. Hmm probably in a few weeks I should expect a call? But nothing happened. Finally the SA called me yesterday and said, oh I have your item now! I will put it aside for you.

Since it's been 4 months, I'm not so crazy about getting it anymore. As I know it is important to keep a good relationship with the SA, I'm not sure what to do. And plus, I don't have much to spend since I'm planning a trip for the summer!

If I turn down his offer, will I ruin the relationship with him forever? If I buy another item from the same SA in the near future, will it make up for this time??

Your expertise will help me greatly! Thank you!

VernisLUV said:

I'm very new to Hermes. I do not own any bags or any items from Hermes, but 4 months ago I was seriously considering of getting a clic clac for christmas but obviously no stock at the Vancouver store. So I was told by the SA, if I leave my contact info I will know when the item comes in. I was thinking.. Hmm probably in a few weeks I should expect a call? But nothing happened. Finally the SA called me yesterday and said, oh I have your item now! I will put it aside for you.

Since it's been 4 months, I'm not so crazy about getting it anymore. As I know it is important to keep a good relationship with the SA, I'm not sure what to do. And plus, I don't have much to spend since I'm planning a trip for the summer!

If I turn down his offer, will I ruin the relationship with him forever? If I buy another item from the same SA in the near future, will it make up for this time??

To be very honest. I don't think a clic clac will help or destroy a relationship with an H SA.

I'm new to the H bag world and just recently got a Kelly 28 from resellers. I live in New York city and really want to try my luck in getting a Birkin in the stores. Can anyone give suggestions on a friendly and helpful SA in either the Madison Ave shop or the Broad St (near Wall St) store? Thank you!! :P

Lena at Wall St. is divine and Stefanie from BH is transferring to Madison Avenue at the end of April and is lovely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bkforbes
I'm jealous of ladies who are ready to buy their H purses. I do like the whole idea of herme's concept of "qualified to buy" but it gets me aggravated. I hardly dress nicely for shopping the things I want and to impress SA's when I'm spending money? Then again these are helpful tips. Thank you ladies...I just need to start purchasing a lot more things so I can actually buy a Kelly and Birkin.

I quite don't understand this but do the SA's contact a client to say there are kelly's and birkin's available? or is it soley up to the purchaser?

purseinsanity, You bring up a great point. That's why I wanted to buy a purse on H.com before venturing into a boutique so at least I'll walk in carrying one of their products. If I wore what I wore to work, I'd be kicked out of the store as I get dirty in my job, but you shouldn't have to wear your Sunday Best, just to go into Hermes.

Even though FedEx's shipping times can be annoying at best, I'd still wish to buy everything online if I could.

Don't they think if they put a Kelly or Birkin up online that no one would buy it?

I think if they just put a disclaimer on the page stating in-the-order-it-which-it-was-received and it may take x-amount of time (months/years)...I think some people would love to buy their bags this way.

Just say you already found one elsewhere, but I agree, a clic clac is not likely to make a difference.

Stefanie from BH is transferring to Madison Avenue at the end of April and is lovely.

So sorry to hear this. I had wanted to use Stefanie. Will have to find someone else.

I live 5 miles from the BH store but am afraid to go in. Decided I would start in a less intimidating store so went in the Crystals-Vegas store yesterday. I figured in Vegas they must see everything with all the tourists tromping through the store. We go to SD often so will hit the one there and then SCP. Practicing shopping. Pretty pathetic huh.

Got a good idea from this thread. I will go in BH on a weekend and dressed down with the intention of getting ignored. Then I can hang out in the store unbothered and observe the SAs work with others and try to figure who I want to work with. I like the idea of picking my SA instead of them picking me just based on who is free when I walk in the door.

Anybody got any recs for BH besides Stefanie?

So sorry to hear this. I had wanted to use Stefanie. Will have to find someone else.

I live 5 miles from the BH store but am afraid to go in. Decided I would start in a less intimidating store so went in the Crystals-Vegas store yesterday. I figured in Vegas they must see everything with all the tourists tromping through the store. We go to SD often so will hit the one there and then SCP. Practicing shopping. Pretty pathetic huh.

Got a good idea from this thread. I will go in BH on a weekend and dressed down with the intention of getting ignored. Then I can hang out in the store unbothered and observe the SAs work with others and try to figure who I want to work with. I like the idea of picking my SA instead of them picking me just based on who is free when I walk in the door.

Anybody got any recs for BH besides Stefanie?
Dina or Olivie

Status
Not open for further replies.