Question about Birkin waiting lists

lorihmatthews

A taste for the arts
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
Hi all, I was wondering if some of you could help me with something that is so elusive to me ... the waiting list for a Birkin!

A few years ago, I purchased a Kelly watch at the San Francisco store. The SA who helped me was an absolute delight. I asked if he would put me "on the list" for a Birkin, and he said he would. I gave him an idea of couple of different bags that I would like to have.

Since then, I've gone in the store for a new battery for my watch, and the SA totally remembered me and replaced the battery for free, which I wasn't expecting. But ... no mention of any Birkins!

Is this something that you as the buyer have to follow up on? Or do you think that he never put me "on the list" in the first place? Let me know what you think. Thanks!

I think you need to follow up on it regularly with your SA. Call on occasion, and definitely stop in once in a while just to stay in his mind. Personally, I don't think there is a "list" like they want us to believe, but rather when a birkin comes in they simply call whatever client they think would be interested.

Well there is nothing wrong with gently asking the same SA if there is "any news" on your bag. Communication is key with this issue. If you already have a positive friendly relationship with an SA in place you are half way there. Hope this helps. Just be ready as you may get a call sooner rather than later!