Question about Autumn/Winter 2010-2011 handbags from a Louis Vuitton beginner.

Miss-Coco

Apr 13, 2009
Hello :smile:

As my title states, I am quite clueless about Louis Vuitton handbags.
I usually choose to spend my money on Chanel and Burberry :heart:
I only have a medium speedy (I guess that's what its called) and it was a gift from my boyfried, that's it.
I think it's a brilliant handbag; very practical, and goes well with almost every outfit combination.
Given that, and after seeing those gorgeous babies in Autumn/Winter 2010-2011 fashion show, I have decided to purchase another Louis Vuitton.

Do any of you ladies know when is 2010-2011 collection will be out?
I am especially taken with these two beauties;
http://www.purseblog.com/images/2010/03/Louis-Vuitton-2.jpg
http://www.purseblog.com/images/2010/03/Louis-Vuitton-40.jpg
Though I can't really predict the price range of those two.
What would you experienced Louis Vuittoners (xP) say about it?
I am guessing (and hoping) that it wouldn't exceed 1,700 GBP?
Because I would probably be tempted to save a bit more and buy another Chanel if that was the case.

Sorry about the ranting ;)
I appreciate your time and eagerly await for your opinions.

^^ well, they are runway bags so there's no guarantee that they'll even make into the production process. One of the bags you posted has exotic skin (ostrich) and I imagine it would be crazy, crazy expensive. I would think prices will start to become available in the next few months.

This collection is definitely gorgeous!

I could easily see the first one costing $10,000+ simply because of the ostrich.. And it IS a runway bag.. I could see the clutch costing maybe $2,500.. But you can never be sure.. I would call the LV number and tell them which one you are most interested in -- if you show enough interest they will probably put you on a waitlist or something -- there will not be a lot of these bags that's for sure!

fall winter show bags are usually released from september - november, so you'll have to wait a couple of months for prices and availability.

Information on the F/W bags usually starts coming in around May and June. My advice on either bag you're interested in is to get to know your local SA at the boutique and keep in touch with her throughout the summer until the bags are officially out. Based off past releases, anything that costs in the $10,000 price range will require a desposit of some sort up front as there will be very limited pieces produced.