Question about Amelia Wallet.

kath00

O.G.
Feb 13, 2012
Hi all,

I would love to get an Amelia wallet for my birthday. I saw one at LV today. It had a ton of credit card slots and unfolded all the way (trifold I think). But they only had it in black. So I went on the LV site and saw it in Lagon (well, I called to find one because it was sold out). Anyhoooo, now I am perusing pix and reveals of the Amelia wallet here on TPF and I am not seeing any that lay flat when they are open. I am seeing many where it looks like an accordion with a zipper compartment in the middle and CC slots on the 2 sides, but that doesn't open all the way.

Can anyone confirm that the wallet on LV's website is the one that folds open all the way like a standard trifold? I am worried that I will get the wrong one! Unbelievably, LV has no interior photos of a $1000+ wallet so I can't tell from their site. ARHG!!

http://www.louisvuitton.com/front/#...er-Goods/products/Amelia-Wallet-MAHINA-M58093

Also, for those of you who have this wallet, does it fit all the credit cards ok and close up in the end. I am a little worried that once full, it will not close. And how is it holding up? Thanks!

Please help, Katherine

Last edited:
I had the Amelia wallet in Denim, bought it preloved but never used it so ended up selling it. I have heaps of cards, so after putting a card in every slot, I cannot even close the clasp with cash, receipts etc in it... I found the New Zealand dollar bills don't fit in the bill compartment (they are too high). I like the look (and the colours!) but the design isn't functional for me. I just personally don't prefer trifold wallets.

I now have the Amelia clutch which LV doesn't make anymore, which I believe has the best layout and fits a tonne. Good luck!

I had the Amelia wallet in Denim, bought it preloved but never used it so ended up selling it. I have heaps of cards, so after putting a card in every slot, I cannot even close the clasp with cash, receipts etc in it... I found the New Zealand dollar bills don't fit in the bill compartment (they are too high). I like the look (and the colours!) but the design isn't functional for me. I just personally don't prefer trifold wallets.

I now have the Amelia clutch which LV doesn't make anymore, which I believe has the best layout and fits a tonne. Good luck!

Thanks. I went ahead and ordered it because the Lagon is almost sold out and I wanted one badly before the price increase. However, if I can't close it when my CC are in it (and some cash and such), I am going to have to return it to LV, sadly. I had high hopes for this wallet. I thought the trifold would help things fit better. I saw the clutch on line and I know that is too small for me. I can't fit into zip around wallets from any manufacturer. ARGH. I may have to buy 2 things and split up my important stuff from the secondary things I have to carry around (like my insurance card) but don't use often...

Thanks. I went ahead and ordered it because the Lagon is almost sold out and I wanted one badly before the price increase. However, if I can't close it when my CC are in it (and some cash and such), I am going to have to return it to LV, sadly. I had high hopes for this wallet. I thought the trifold would help things fit better. I saw the clutch on line and I know that is too small for me. I can't fit into zip around wallets from any manufacturer. ARGH. I may have to buy 2 things and split up my important stuff from the secondary things I have to carry around (like my insurance card) but don't use often...

I have this wallet in black, and it is quite big it fits a lot of things in it. The only thing I didn't like was that when the wallet is new the cards can be a bit of a pain to get in and out of the slots, but they loosen up over time. The leather on these wallets is awesome and wears very well, mine still looks brand new after 3 years.