Queen Sugar

I wish Ralph Angel could tell the parole officer about how that factory doesn't pay him for 8 hours on each paycheck; that highly upsets me... but lovin the show!

I just watched this episode. Aunt Vi kicked ass in this episode. She had the best lines. When Charley and Nova were fighting in the kitchen, "we need to start drinking now." And when Charley blurted out the $3 million pay out, "well that is one expensive piece of ass." I really like her looking out for Ralph Angel like that. I had been fast forwarding Ralph Angel's scenes in the warehouse because I just don't want to see him doing things that will take him away from Blue. I was cringing when they searched the house, but was relieved when nothing was found.

I agree Aunt Vi stole all her scenes in this episode!

Oh how I felt for Aunt Vi! She's a darned good actress. Hollywood, Hollywood! Like the saying goes... no good deed goes unpunished! I was screaming, "Vi, he loves you, not her; don't quit him!"

Oh how I felt for Aunt Vi! She's a darned good actress. Hollywood, Hollywood! Like the saying goes... no good deed goes unpunished! I was screaming, "Vi, he loves you, not her; don't quit him!"

I knew all those out of town trips "working" had to be another woman - and a wife at that! Love my ass! He been lying all this time - he could have explained the situation to her a long time ago!

I really liked tonight's episode. I cried when Blue's mom, Darla thanked Aunt Vi and Hollywood. And, Aunt Vi had that best lines again, "She's gots to go." "She can revolve right on out of here," about Darla showing up.

Reactions: ClassicFab
I love Aunt Vi; she is so real and relatable without being over the top. This was a good episode; I like how Hollywood is not taking no for an answer. She's got to see that he really loves her and was just caught up, trying to do what was right for both women. Yes, he should have told Aunt Vi his situation from the beginning but he's human and made a mistake.

I'm torn about my feelings for Darla/Ralph Angel/Blue. While I feel like Darla's trying to rebuild her life, I understand how Aunt Vi feels. Blue has experienced some things no child should have to experience at any time, ever. That's just a sad situation all around.

I felt like Nova was overstepping her boundaries and too self-righteous. Micah is Charlie's son; you cannot make Charlie let him stay with you during the week.

Love this show! Though it is intense and quite dark at times I love seeing the family come together to try and work things out (though somebody usually says/does something that sets another off before the next episode lol).

I love Aunt Vi; she is so real and relatable without being over the top. This was a good episode; I like how Hollywood is not taking no for an answer. She's got to see that he really loves her and was just caught up, trying to do what was right for both women. Yes, he should have told Aunt Vi his situation from the beginning but he's human and made a mistake.

I'm torn about my feelings for Darla/Ralph Angel/Blue. While I feel like Darla's trying to rebuild her life, I understand how Aunt Vi feels. Blue has experienced some things no child should have to experience at any time, ever. That's just a sad situation all around.

I felt like Nova was overstepping her boundaries and too self-righteous. Micah is Charlie's son; you cannot make Charlie let him stay with you during the week.

Love this show! Though it is intense and quite dark at times I love seeing the family come together to try and work things out (though somebody usually says/does something that sets another off before the next episode lol).

ITA on all points.
I have to add, Charlie and Remy! :heart:

Bianca knocked that scene out the park!!!!! :tup::tup::tup: she was fabulous - by the time she got to thanking Hollywood for being so nice to her and even covering her up with the blanket i was :crybaby: i felt her pain! even ralph angel had tears in his eye!!!!

Y'all....I LOVE this show!!! Those sneaky Landrys!!! You will NEVER get this land back. NEVER!!!!!

There were so many poignant and emotional moments in this episode. I knew something was up with the guy from the mill. He was getting a little too close to Charley for my comfort. Like dude, back up off me with them damn veneers! Ralphie and Aunt Vi...that is so tough. I see where they're both coming from and I truly believe they are trying to do what is best for Blue. But I am so happy to see Aunt Vi stepping up and doing some things for herself (and coming around to Hollywood :heart:). And I like Micah's new friend. LOVE this show!

Y'all....I LOVE this show!!! Those sneaky Landrys!!! You will NEVER get this land back. NEVER!!!!!

There were so many poignant and emotional moments in this episode. I knew something was up with the guy from the mill. He was getting a little too close to Charley for my comfort. Like dude, back up off me with them damn veneers! Ralphie and Aunt Vi...that is so tough. I see where they're both coming from and I truly believe they are trying to do what is best for Blue. But I am so happy to see Aunt Vi stepping up and doing some things for herself (and coming around to Hollywood :heart:). And I like Micah's new friend. LOVE this show!

this show is THE BEST!!!!! i hate having to wait every week for it but it never disappoints! and it is so on now - the battle will begin and things are going to be sooooo interesting in their fight to keep their land! can't wait to see them stand together and fight. after ralph angel - just love his name and have to use them both! - told aunt vi how he felt and she signed those papers i had a tear. :crybaby: and Micah's new friend - she is exactly what he needs! i bet he will be begging Charley to send him to public school now!

Reactions: ClassicFab
I love this show! I'm so glad Nova/Charlie/Ralph Angel found out the truth about their land and are going to fight to save it!! Yesssss!!!!
It seems a lot of people like Micah's new friend (I can't remember her name)... but I don't. Something about her rubs me the wrong way. She just seems like she's going to have him whoop'd imo. Every conversation is about his celebrity (my friends follow you on IG, my friends were like wow Micah West is watching you practice, etc). Treat him like a normal person! I don't know, hopefully she doesn't have any bad intentions but I got my eye on her for now.
I really hope Darla is trying to fly right because I am really rooting for her. Thanking Aunt Vi and Hollywood took so much humility. She really seems like she's trying. Doesn't anyone else see a love triangle/conflict happening between her, Ralph Angel and Blue's teacher?
Also, can anyone explain the dynamics of the children's parentage? Charlie has a different mother right? I assumed because of that Nova and Ralph Angel had the same mother (and Charlie was the oldest) but I see Nova is the oldest? So has that been explained and I just missed it?