Quarter Life Crisis?

^^^we are def. alot alike, one of my self descriptors is 'research geek'.

Without sounding arrogant (I hope), I know both of my parents and a nephew would be dead today, and my DHs life quality of life diminished greatly, if not for my research, strong will, and input to doctors, hospitals and insurance. I learned way more about embolisms, hearts, brian injury, strokes and achilles than I ever thought possible...usually with in a matter of hours. I also learned a have an acumen for medical and health issues and a knack for cutting through red tape....now I volunteer as a patient advocate. When I get really involved in a case, friends will always make comments like, 'wow, do they realize how lucky they are to have you?' I aways answer, 'don't you see I get much out of it as they do?'....and I do. Sure helping others is wonderful, but if I am completely honest, solving the problem is a rush for me.

So, after the self pat on the back, I guess what I am trying to say, is there are always ways to fulfill your 'needs' .

With that said, I hope you find your dream job, and are wildly successful and make tons of money while your at it....but if you don't....don't get stuck in the trap that you failed. Just keep tryng new things, and you find the combination that works for you :smile:

I went through it. I called it 'mid 20s crisis' then. It hit me a little after I turned 25 and lasted a few years. I am glad I went through it, and I know so much more about myself and life in general. Looking back, as difficult as it was sometimes, my advice to you is to ride with it, and let it take its own course. And enjoy all the blessings you have now - youth, health, friends, family, freedom, and lots of opportunities. Now I am going through my 'mid 30s crisis' ... :wtf: :confused1: I firmly believe for some people like myself, we go through periods of challenges as part of life, and our own growth - there are ups and downs. For some people life is pretty flat and smooth, for some you just have to hit a bump here and there and you may stay on the course or go off course a little bit. It's all part of life I guess. Trust me, things you think are critical and important now (which they are) may become less so when you reach another stage of your life. Hope that gives you a slightly different perspective on your Quarter Life Crisis.

I think it's the what you could've done and what would've been y our life right now if you did those things that can get to you. I know it did get to me for a while. I look at articles on successful women in business and half of them are under 25!!! That's what I wanted to be but I got over that. I'm me and I couldn't be any happier although sometimes I do think about the life I could've had if I went to NY and stuff.

I'm in mine now :biggrin: Mine started 2 months after I graduated college in July of 2005, and lasted until just recently. I have a feeling it may pop up again at the end of my masters program. Some friends and I actually had this discussion not too long ago. The two that are over 25 said you wake up the day after your 25th birthday and just feel like a loser. I'm a year and a half away, so I don't know if that's true, but the BF turns 25 in 10 days, so I guess I'll see what he says ...

Oh boy, do I remember Quarter Life Crisis.

I was working in a dead end job in science research. These jobs pay next to nothing, even though you have to have a postgrad degree and you feel like you're a pawn to the big ego scientists. I even did science to spite my dad who told me to study commerce. On top of it, I had a long distance boyfriend (whom I was hiding from my parents) who was playing ping pong with my feelings.

Just 5-6 years down the road, I've married to a wonderful man, had a change of career (and just got offered another job today which I have to mull over for the next week), have our own house, investments and I even buy luxury bags as a hobby!

It will pass, Kou. As long as you've got supportive, loving people around you, and your sight on your goal, you'll get there. But if it is something which bothers you a lot, all the time, it's time to make some changes.

Yes I am probably having one... I am 25 and still a university undergraduate who is not due to graduate until the age of 27!!!! Sigh.

I do however have a boyfriend and we are very much in love and hope to get married one day soon. Which is good.

But I feel like I should have completed uni, travelled overseas a few times and be starting on a Ph.D or in a fabulous job and wear makeup everyday and high heels and get my hair done and drink wine and talk about world events etc. etc. etc.

I am not really that despondent about it all though, I have simply pushed my 'scary age' up to 30! (maybe 32)

I have the same thing right now. I'm almost 24 and completely stuck. I'm in bad relationship with a married man, I hate the job I'm doing now, I have no idea where I'm going to. I used to dream to become a successful model, I worked in Italy, but I was'n lucky. And now I'm totally lost, I don't know what else I want to do in this life, after dcreaming about this for a few years. Plus it seems to me that I gave it up too quickly and it all was my fault, as some of the girls I knew in moselling are really successful now. It tears my heart to think that I lost my chance. Plus many girls my age are already married around me, or have great jobs... I feel like at 24 I'm a complete zero, no great relationship, no great work and all my dreams about the future have gone to hell. I feel like I'm sinking in depression. I feel I should have accomplished much more by that time, like many girls around me did. Don'y know what to do.

Astrologically speaking, your mid to late twenties is the time of your saturn return, which can be a challenging time in most people's lives.

ITA. The Saturn Return is a big challenge and test in one's life. If you rise to the challenge (whatever it is) and get through it you enter a new era of wisdom. If you don't, you will need to repeat whatever lesson(s) it was until you do.

Hope that doesn't sound too out there or hocus-pocus but when I was in my mid to late 20s I did see an astrologer for awhile to discuss my Saturn Return and it was truly amazing.

I know what you mean about thinking that so-and-so is advancing more in their career or getting married and having kids or in the Peace Corps or so many other things and you look at yourself and think HUMPH what have I accomplished? Those alum newsletters, the Christmas letters that are so arrogant and bragging...:cursing: ...I couldn't stand it!

So what did I do? I realized that I am UNIQUE with my own gifts and talents and have to discover what they are and run with it! And, success is NOT A FINITE 'PIE.' There is plenty of 'success' out there for each of us in this world to make a difference. Once I got that adjustment through my stubborn head my outlook on life completely changed for the better. :yes: