Quality of Tods Ballerina

Dreamyz

Jul 7, 2014
Hi,

Anyone has the same issue as I do?
I bought this ballerina sometime back last year June, and I rarely wear it out as the country that I live in always raining.
I will look at the weather forecast before I wear it out.
Hence, the frequency of wearing the shoes is once every 2 week.

Few weeks ago, the metal piece dropped, and I went to TODS to fix it.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1455872491.806585.jpg
The SA is quite nice and helpful, which she replace another one and I pay a small cost.

Now, the metal piece dropped again.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1455872533.290991.jpg
From the photo, you can see that it is a different piece of metal that dropped.
It is very frustrating, the quality is really worrying.

Did she replace the shoes or only the metal thing? I've never had any issues with my Tods. I actually really like them. I'd bring them back and ask for a new pair of shoes. Shouldn't happen twice.

I had a very similar style of metal cap thing on a stuart weitzmans and two of my caps fell off as well. I think they're heavy and come unglued easily. I got mine at a thrift shop, so I wasn't too worried about it.

If I had paid retail Tod's prices, though, I'd be very upset.

I had a very similar style of metal cap thing on a stuart weitzmans and two of my caps fell off as well. I think they're heavy and come unglued easily. I got mine at a thrift shop, so I wasn't too worried about it.

If I had paid retail Tod's prices, though, I'd be very upset.

Yes! So it is a common issue. I got it at a steal at retail boutique though. My SA told me that they use super glue to glue them. I was thinking that it should be sewn on instead.

Yes! So it is a common issue. I got it at a steal at retail boutique though. My SA told me that they use super glue to glue them. I was thinking that it should be sewn on instead.

It's a pretty low budget manufacturing process if they're only using superglue. I would have thought they crimped the metal on the tips of the fabric or something.They should at least give you extra tips if it's just some glue holding them on IMO.

I'm glad you got them on sale, at least. It must be very frustrating, though.

It's a pretty low budget manufacturing process if they're only using superglue. I would have thought they crimped the metal on the tips of the fabric or something.They should at least give you extra tips if it's just some glue holding them on IMO.

I'm glad you got them on sale, at least. It must be very frustrating, though.

They didn't give me an extra one, they said that it is charged for per piece of metal.

I had this happen to a pair of mine, it was a few years ago. I emailed them with pictures of the shoe and they sent me the hardware in the mail and DH attached it for me, Years later, has not happened again. I did not have to pay for the piece nor the postage.

I had this happen to a pair of mine, it was a few years ago. I emailed them with pictures of the shoe and they sent me the hardware in the mail and DH attached it for me, Years later, has not happened again. I did not have to pay for the piece nor the postage.

Woah, I didn't know we can email them. Thanks for sharing!