Quality gold jewelry- without crazy designer name mark up

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I have been a platinum and silver girl but now as I get older, the richness of yellow gold (like 18K vibrant gold) is really appealing to me.

I gravitate towards David Yurman pieces because 90% of my silver jewelry is from Yurman and I LOVE it. The problem is, even on resale sites, I would be paying ALOT for yellow gold and I think it is because of the name.

I don’t do mall jewelers (no offense). Anyone have any quality low key designers who use 18K gold but don’t charge the 2X or 3X prices because of the name? (Like Cartier, Tiffany, DY, Lagos etc)?

Thanks!

I think it depends on what you are searching for. I have had good luck with Etsy for basic gold jewelry. Berman designers offer a good selection of basic gold pieces. I have a 22kt pendant that I get compliments on constantly and I also own a ring. Their pieces have a nice weight.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BermanDesigners/items

Decidedly more pricey are some of my favorite Italian designers. Fope has nice bracelets if you are into the style. I see their Flex It line as a stroke of genius and finding discounted deals is easy.

https://www.fope.com/

Roberto Coin has some wonderful designs, but in my opinion the pieces are only worth it on sale.

https://us.robertocoin.com/

I also have a wonderful local goldsmith for custom pieces, maybe you should look into that.

Reactions: Natgalilee
Are you into antique or vintage rings? Try goldadore @etsy! I love antique or vintage rings because they are so unique and better made than rings made today and even cheaper. You even get better quality of diamonds and unusual stones than what they sell in the jewelry stores in the mall. I felt proud of myself for purchasing a 800 cad platinum diamond ring when I heard my friend purchased a 14k diamond ring for 1200 and it was evn on sale! Lol

JustGold has some contemporary pieces in 24k gold with very very little markup. I used to think it would be too soft for daily wear, but depending on the style you're interested in you could be pleasantly surprised! Especially if you're drawn towards the richness of yellow gold, doesn't get any more vibrant than 24k.

This is my daily bracelet now, a nice solid little piece with more gold content than Cartier's thin love at a fraction of the price! I wrapped half of it in thread because I like blue, but it's fully gold. If I ever get bored with it I can easily sell it for its weight (and maybe even turn a profit)!

H2b3Qu4.jpg

The color is quite special, it makes my 18k gold pieces look pale in comparison. Here it is next to Cartier's trinity ring in 18k:
8Qvhg23.jpg

You could also check out goldsilver.com, I haven't purchased from them but they carry 22k+ gold with transparent sellback prices. Really depends on the style you're after, but seeing as you like David Yurman pieces I guess you might enjoy solid, simple, bold, clean pieces, which would work well in higher karat gold!

Yeah i understand your point! I have a cartier trinity like yours and it didnt even cost much when i asked the pawnshop how much i can get for it. My non brand name pieces are even worth more. I love saudi gold! The yellow color is so vibrant even in a 18 k or 22 karat ones.

JustGold has some contemporary pieces in 24k gold with very very little markup. I used to think it would be too soft for daily wear, but depending on the style you're interested in you could be pleasantly surprised! Especially if you're drawn towards the richness of yellow gold, doesn't get any more vibrant than 24k.

This is my daily bracelet now, a nice solid little piece with more gold content than Cartier's thin love at a fraction of the price! I wrapped half of it in thread because I like blue, but it's fully gold. If I ever get bored with it I can easily sell it for its weight (and maybe even turn a profit)!

H2b3Qu4.jpg

The color is quite special, it makes my 18k gold pieces look pale in comparison. Here it is next to Cartier's trinity ring in 18k:
8Qvhg23.jpg

You could also check out goldsilver.com, I haven't purchased from them but they carry 22k+ gold with transparent sellback prices. Really depends on the style you're after, but seeing as you like David Yurman pieces I guess you might enjoy solid, simple, bold, clean pieces, which would work well in higher karat gold!

Hi! Sorry to ask, where did you purchase this bangle from? Online? It’s beautiful!

Hi! Sorry to ask, where did you purchase this bangle from? Online? It’s beautiful!
JustGold! In person, since they have shops near me. :smile: The design is very common for 24k, it's a simple adjustable thing. The adjustable side (which I wrapped in thread) looks like this:

Sm0RcGf.jpg

After I adjusted it to the right size I haven't touched it and it's remained perfect. Really a leave it and forget it piece.

JustGold! In person, since they have shops near me. :smile: The design is very common for 24k, it's a simple adjustable thing. The adjustable side (which I wrapped in thread) looks like this:

Sm0RcGf.jpg

After I adjusted it to the right size I haven't touched it and it's remained perfect. Really a leave it and forget it piece.

That’s amazing! Love your bangle, I’m looking for something similar to this to stack with my cartier love bangle! Looked up just gold it’s based in Asia! Hopefully if I get to go on a vacation I could visit the store in Hongkong

Reactions: mewt

Ah! That is gold lovely. I love the richness of high karat gold. Your jade bangle is beautiful, too!

Reactions: mewt

Sm0RcGf.jpg

Sorry to ask, but do you know the weight of the bangle? I am currently looking at some 24k bangles and Chow Sang Sang offers this one in multiple weights.

https://www.chowsangsang.com/eshop-...tegory/Bangles//p/PRD-09218GAK-2321-WT-1.5070

Thanks! Unfortunately Just Gold does not offer yours online...

Sorry to ask, but do you know the weight of the bangle? I am currently looking at some 24k bangles and Chow Sang Sang offers this one in multiple weights.

https://www.chowsangsang.com/eshop-...tegory/Bangles//p/PRD-09218GAK-2321-WT-1.5070

Thanks! Unfortunately Just Gold does not offer yours online...
Hi, mine is 0.515 tael. I'm not sure about Chow Sang Sang, but I did try similar ones from Chow Tai Fook and didn't like it as much.

pZqdZQ3.jpg

Top is Chow Tai Fook, bottom is mine. Although similar in weight, because mine is a smaller circle the bangle is thicker overall, especially at the adjustable part. The picture doesn't really show it, but the top bangle gets more flat and thin towards the adjustable section.

Q6KRIxt.jpg

Mine does as well, but a lot more subtle. I didn't even notice the taper at first, but with the other bangle I immediately noticed (and minded). It would be best if you could take a look in person!

Hi, mine is 0.515 tael. I'm not sure about Chow Sang Sang, but I did try similar ones from Chow Tai Fook and didn't like it as much.

pZqdZQ3.jpg

Top is Chow Tai Fook, bottom is mine. Although similar in weight, because mine is a smaller circle the bangle is thicker overall, especially at the adjustable part. The picture doesn't really show it, but the top bangle gets more flat and thin towards the adjustable section.

Q6KRIxt.jpg

Mine does as well, but a lot more subtle. I didn't even notice the taper at first, but with the other bangle I immediately noticed (and minded). It would be best if you could take a look in person!
Thank you so much for your update! Unfortunately I will not be back in Asia until next year. If online shopping is not an option, I will have to be patient.