Puzzle in fuschia vs tan

Dannadrew

Sep 11, 2016
I have a dilemna. I purchased a fuschia medium pre loved with a little nick on the glazing but at an insane price - $1100. I have the option to return it. Should I keep it or save towards a more versatile tan? I think the tan is a true classic but I also have a Kelly in beige and some other bags in brown. I don’t have a pink but I do think the puzzle in tan is just gorgeous!

thoughts?

I have a dilemna. I purchased a fuschia medium pre loved with a little nick on the glazing but at an insane price - $1100. I have the option to return it. Should I keep it or save towards a more versatile tan? I think the tan is a true classic but I also have a Kelly in beige and some other bags in brown. I don’t have a pink but I do think the puzzle in tan is just gorgeous!

thoughts?

I think we all love scoring bargains but I think you’d be better off returning it and saving for the bag you truly love. If you’re like me, you end up always reaching for your favorite things. Bargains feel good at the time of purchase, but that great feeling does not carry through months later, and the bag may end up just sitting in your closet. My 2 cents….

Reactions: Dannadrew
I think we all love scoring bargains but I think you’d be better off returning it and saving for the bag you truly love. If you’re like me, you end up always reaching for your favorite things. Bargains feel good at the time of purchase, but that great feeling does not carry through months later, and the bag may end up just sitting in your closet. My 2 cents….

Yes that’s what I’m concerned about. I’m also thinking since the preloved tan version is so close in price to the new one- should get new. But wow. What a difference in the price! 2k!
Problem is I don’t really have a pop of color in my closet anymore- everything is neutral!

Yes that’s what I’m concerned about. I’m also thinking since the preloved tan version is so close in price to the new one- should get new. But wow. What a difference in the price! 2k!
Problem is I don’t really have a pop of color in my closet anymore- everything is neutral!

You might not have any pops of color in your closet anymore because you’re not looking for that look. I try to take note of my buying trends that I seem to set unconsciously. Anyway, you can always take the fuchsia bag into your closet to see if there are enough matches to warrant keeping (and wearing) the bag. But if it were me, I’d probably my follow my heart and get the one you really want.

thoughts?

I have the medium raspberry and tan Puzzles and I love both of them. The raspberry is the only pop of color in my bag collection because I always buy tan or black bags, so I love having it but I use my tan Puzzle more often. The raspberry is a color I mainly use in the spring and summer while I use the tan Puzzle year round. If you think you'd miss the fuchsia, I'd consider keeping it and using a tan bag you already own while saving for the tan Puzzle.
My Loewe Puzzle in raspberry4.jpgMy Loewe tan Puzzle.jpg

Gorgeous! I do have a fuschia trio but it’s a bit beaten up. Here is the fuschia Loewe. Great idea about keeping the fuschia and getting tan later. I don’t know if mine is raspberry or fuschia? It seems more purple but not in production. Also love this sézane woven bucket in fuschia but it’s not out yet. Hence pulled in a few directions!

Attachments

• 6561EB0E-0248-4D11-8750-A4688BA0EBDA.jpeg
    6561EB0E-0248-4D11-8750-A4688BA0EBDA.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 36
  • 6A24840F-8C83-4EEE-A212-79F114244C9C.jpeg
    6A24840F-8C83-4EEE-A212-79F114244C9C.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 38
  • F932FF50-1574-40A9-89D2-007C2892E229.jpeg
    F932FF50-1574-40A9-89D2-007C2892E229.jpeg
    916.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 3ED3E9A3-706F-45AA-8182-07DA366AE5A5.jpeg
    3ED3E9A3-706F-45AA-8182-07DA366AE5A5.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 43
Gorgeous! I do have a fuschia trio but it’s a bit beaten up. Here is the fuschia Loewe. Great idea about keeping the fuschia and getting tan later. I don’t know if mine is raspberry or fuschia? It seems more purple but not in production. Also love this sézane woven bucket in fuschia but it’s not out yet. Hence pulled in a few directions!

Thanks, your fuchsia Puzzle is gorgeous, too, and it looks like it is in fantastic condition. I didn't notice any glazing issues in the pictures you posted so it must be a small area. I don't baby my bags so the glazing wouldn't bother me. In fact, I also have a new, dark taupe Puzzle that I bought at a 33% discount because of a glazing issue.

My raspberry has a bit more red than your Puzzle so my guess is yours is the fuchsia. All three of your fuchsia options are great. I chose the Puzzle because most of my clothing now leans a bit more minimalist/modern than boho but if I were still wearing boho, the Sezane woven bucket would be very tempting for me. The Trio is a beautiful, classic bag if it fits your needs but I can understand if you'd like a roomier option. I can completely sympathize with your dilemma. Let us know what you decide!

Thanks, your fuchsia Puzzle is gorgeous, too, and it looks like it is in fantastic condition. I didn't notice any glazing issues in the pictures you posted so it must be a small area. I don't baby my bags so the glazing wouldn't bother me. In fact, I also have a new, dark taupe Puzzle that I bought at a 33% discount because of a glazing issue.

My raspberry has a bit more red than your Puzzle so my guess is yours is the fuchsia. All three of your fuchsia options are great. I chose the Puzzle because most of my clothing now leans a bit more minimalist/modern than boho but if I were still wearing boho, the Sezane woven bucket would be very tempting for me. The Trio is a beautiful, classic bag if it fits your needs but I can understand if you'd like a roomier option. I can completely sympathize with your dilemma. Let us know what you decide!

Can I ask ur opinion? My only other tan bag is a Kelly 32 or a mid range polene hobo.

it’s intriguing u have two puzzles! May I ask what ur collection is? I have a small one and most are super high end. Classic jumbo, ml and the Hermes gold Kelly (selling a red one). I feel I don’t have middle range and the environment these days calls for it!

Reactions: jennlt
Can I ask ur opinion? My only other tan bag is a Kelly 32 or a mid range polene hobo.

it’s intriguing u have two puzzles! May I ask what ur collection is? I have a small one and most are super high end. Classic jumbo, ml and the Hermes gold Kelly (selling a red one). I feel I don’t have middle range and the environment these days calls for it!

I don't have a large collection, either, because I realized I'm happier with fewer bags that I use more. I'm still in the process of culling through my bags and deciding which to keep or re-home. I have a Chanel reissue and a Chanel Gabrielle but I sold both of my Boy bags, a second reissue and a second Gabrielle. I have one or two bags each from Fendi, Valentino, Chloe, a Bottega mini pouch, an LV City Steamer and I actually have four Puzzle bags lol. I'd love a Kelly bag but I don't want to play the Hermes game and I'm not comfortable buying pre-loved because of superfakes. I don't have any brand loyalty but I am considering a Loewe Amazona 19 for my next bag. I really love Loewe's quality and their understated appearance. Their bags just work so well with my current style and I'm comfortable carrying them in any situation. That's probably as close as I'll get to brand loyalty.

I also have a couple of contemporary brands such as Mansur Gavriel and a Tory Burch Lee Radziwill double bag. I only carry bags with minimal logos, especially nowadays.

Polene makes some beautiful bags and I'm sure your Kelly bag is gorgeous. Either one would serve you well while you decide if you want to add a tan Puzzle to your collection!

I also have a gold H Kelly 32 and still think the small in tan is a different bag entirely. Lighter, better crossbody, more casual. I would save for that and get the pink in a mini puzzle. I prefer the bright colors in the mini and nano

Reactions: earthygirl
I also have a gold H Kelly 32 and still think the small in tan is a different bag entirely. Lighter, better crossbody, more casual. I would save for that and get the pink in a mini puzzle. I prefer the bright colors in the mini and nano
I agree. The mini puzzle would like nice in a pop of color but the tan small puzzle will get more use. Personally, I get bored of pops of color and end up selling them. A good neutral can be worn all year round and keeps cost per wear down.

Reactions: Lillianlm
That looks more raspberry.