Purse Hooks / Hangers

Purse Hooks

• I currently use purse hooks for my bbag

• No purse hooks for me

• Don't have one yet but I'm considering getting one

Results are only viewable after voting.
Daisy said:
Ranskimmie! :nuts:

I would feel silly using one of those and would secretly mock anyone I saw use one in public. :lol:

Why do you feel it would be silly? (Okay--I can see it it tips the table over and starts a fire...) But, some of these restaurant floors really aren't the best place to leave a really nice handbag that later on maybe is maybe going to sit on my dining room table...

I use mine when there's no where else to put the bag. I do have trouble hanging the Boogie bags because the handle drop is so short and the rolled handles are pretty thick. It works, but is sort of awkward.

susan-eric said:
Why do you feel it would be silly? (Okay--I can see it it tips the table over and starts a fire...) But, some of these restaurant floors really aren't the best place to leave a really nice handbag that later on maybe is maybe going to sit on my dining room table...

Eh, I'm teasing, sort of. I don't love putting my bag on the floor but I just make due with the situation.. put in in an extra chair, tuck it in my chair with me, hang it on chair, whatever. I'd feel like I'm trying to call attention to my bag with one of those. No biggy either way though. :biggrin:

Hmm... I wonder about those. I know this sounds paranoid, but I never used hooks on my bags because I worry that the pressure would cause disformation of the handles. I'm sure that would only happen after a long long period of time (like months) vice the 2 hour meal.

As crazy as this sounds, I always have it on the seat with me, tucked behind me. Even if it means I only get 2" of the chair for myself, atleast I know I am sitting up straight.

I'd almost get one just to see my husband face when I used it! He already doesn't understand the pure thing.

I'm lucky where I live, everyone is really used to having a lot of personal space, at movies almost eveyone skips a set so you don't have to sit next to a stranger and the restaurants have lots of booths and since it usually just hubby and me for dinner there is always an extra chair to put my purse in. Also there is not realy much of a crime problem.

There was a hanger posted in a thread a while back that said it would hold up to 65 pounds.

dunno about the retractable hook, but for a standard non-retractable one (the top disc pivots so that it goes flat for your handbag..):
- thepursehook.com has one for $20; the hook's a curved line with a metal knob on the end;
- the ebay seller sandiek8 has a couple for $4-10 ea (it looks just like the pursepal, the hook's all straight lines). i'm getting one where the top disc is a mirror..

i totally need one; tired of having to have the people i dinner with scramble around for a spare chair.. plus the other day at a bar i had to put in on the floor! under the bar table, rather than on the dirty bar table top or carry it all night.. and at uni, tired of having to stuff it under my seat at my feet... or in the aisle and having people step all over it. no way i'm subjecting my sable paddy to that.

Have you ladies seen these purse hooks that you can carry around with you to hang your purse on a table at a restaurant or bar? Does anyone have one? Do they work well? It looks like a great idea but I don't know if it works in real life.
Emily

I have one, but after using it a few times, I decided it was a BAD idea. It creates unneccessary stress on the bag handles. When you rest, give your bag straps a rest by laying it on the chair or on your lap.

TammyD said:
I have one, but after using it a few times, I decided it was a BAD idea. It creates unneccessary stress on the bag handles. When you rest, give your bag straps a rest by laying it on the chair or on your lap.
This is why I never got a purse hook. Some bags are much heavier by itself compared to other bags too so that would create more strain on the handles. I just keep it on my lap.

I haven't seen one in use when I go out though. I've always kept out an eye for it.

EDITED TO ADD: I keep it on my lap or on a chair or on the floor but having something underneath it. LOL.