Purple Glossy vs Aubergine Sheen

VanBod1525

O.G.
May 19, 2009
Hi Ladies

Does anyone out there have a dark purple glossy bag and an Aubergine bag who can compare the colours for me?

I have an Adore Me in dark purple on order but am seriously considering an Aubergine bag (either MMS Midi or WTM Midi) but I'd like to know if the colours are very similar or not?

Can anyone help?

I'm sorry, Van! I don't have a dark purple bag but have owned an aubergine. Aubergine is a glossy, soft, smooshy leather and is a darker purple. I'm not 100% sure about the dark purple glossy. I'm ordering an aubergine WTM because it's such a beautiful leather and softens up nicely with use. I do believe from pictures I've seen that the 2 purples are distinct and different enough to justify 2 bags in them. I'm sorry I'm not much help but I can enable you if you'd like! Yes, you should also get an aubergine WTM or MMS in addition to the purple Adore Me! :yes: :biggrin:

ETA: I just realized you meant the luxe pebbled leather (I was thinking glossy leather, differences in how we describe them!) They are both dark purple but the textures are so different that I don't think it's a big deal to own both! Goofy me! I own a dark purple pebbled surprise me and am getting the WTM in aubergine but don't feel they're redundant at all since they're different bags entirely for different uses plus the leather textures are so different. The pebbled leather will stay pretty much pristine showing little wear while the aubergine will break in and soften with use. The aubergine starts to develop a veininess to it that I found very appealing. This is why I chose the WTM so that it had plenty of room to get smooshy and develop it's 'look' with use. If that makes sense! LOL!

Last edited:
Excellent question, Van!! I wish I could help you...but something you might want to do is contact Jackie and ask her to send you a natural light pic of two swatches of these colors side by side. She is great about doing this!!

ITA with tl, though -- these two purples are very different...I have a purple glossy bag (my first BE, I treasure it!!) and would certainly not shy away from buying something in auberguine, they are so different. In fact, once I pay off my last group bespoke, I may just go for something in aubergine, I love it so. :heart:

Thank you ladies, this is music to my ears. I'm could go for an MMS Midi or possibly a Hold Me with an extra external pocket or a SMM or a Surprise Me (I never thought I'd consider this style!). I think all would look great in Aubergine.

Thanks for enabling!

I've seen swatches of both, and color tone-wise they're pretty similar, but because of the very different leathers (pebbled luxe vs sheen), you *might* not feel that you're duplicating.

hi darling, sorry it took me a while to reply; i've had a purple glossy Love me Midi before (not sure it was dark purple though??, also my current fave Auberline sheen Love me Midi.

to my untrained eye, the purple glossy i had was a diff colour completely to Aubergine sheen (likewise to dark purple matte) and def you could get away with both bags without feeling you were duplicating. but to be on the safe side ask for swatches. sorry these pics aren't the best, my camera is dying slowly!

Attachments

• IMG_3864.JPG
    IMG_3864.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3175.JPG
    IMG_3175.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 105
Thank you ladies, this is music to my ears. I'm could go for an MMS Midi or possibly a Hold Me with an extra external pocket or a SMM or a Surprise Me (I never thought I'd consider this style!). I think all would look great in Aubergine.

Thanks for enabling!

I think there's a gal or two that have the MMS Midi in aubergine! And they're in stock on BE! Not sure if they're a pre-order or not but if they are they qualify for 10% off! And the Surprise Me is available in the dark purple pebbled luxe leather which is different enough from abergine in color and texture to justify both! I don't think you can go wrong with any of BE's purples, they are all gorgeous and look great in any style! I personally own a Surprise Me in dark purple luxe leather and have a WTM in aubergine on order! I'm pretty sure I'll still end up with a Hold Me in dark purple matte too! :graucho: LOL!

If I were you, I'd ask for swatches. I asked for several purple shades of which aubergine was one of the swatches sent. I went with light purple sheen, in the Love Me, which is beyond amazing. The color really pops and I plan to have another bag made in the same color.
This whole past weekend I carried the bag around to test it out more, here at home, and I got very little done because women kept stopping me and asking who the bag was by and what color it was. Then it would turn into a conversation and I'd have to write down the color and website.