PS1 - worth disputing?

Sad you had to keep a used and damaged bag even with a refund. I would think every time you carried the bag you would be mad. I don't understand Ebay at all. It seems so many people are trying to take advantage of others and have no care about doing this.

Sad you had to keep a used and damaged bag even with a refund. I would think every time you carried the bag you would be mad. I don't understand Ebay at all. It seems so many people are trying to take advantage of others and have no care about doing this.
In this case, I don't think it's ebay who is to blame. The OP decided to accept the partial because she didn't trust the seller to issue a refund had the bag been sent back.

Thank you all for your help. The case has been resolved through a partial refund.

I was hoping to return the bag to the seller with a 100% refund and to have the refund returned to me before I send the bag back through a trackable postage service. However the seller reverted that he/she will only refund me after receiving the bag and upon inspection of it, if it is not returned in the same condition that it was it, he/she will not refund me and I will be responsible for multiple shipping fees. The seller also stated that he/she has pictures of the bag that was not shown in the listing showing overall view of the hardware not worn or scratched.

After reading the replies from the seller in the case details, I felt that I could not trust the seller at all. What if I have sent back the bag and he/she claims that it is not the same bag that was sent to me and refuse to refund it, I would be losing out of the shipping fees which would be quite costly. I then decided to offer to settle with a partial refund of $300 and take it as an expensive lesson learnt. The seller then tried to bargain it down and would agree to partial refund if I do not leave a neutral or negative feedback on eBay.

I was not willing to settle for any refund that was lesser than $300 as to pay $500 for a used bag is already way too much, when I had expected to receive a new bag without tags. I was still deciding on my next step of action but the seller decided to escalate the case to eBay for their review. eBay has reviewed it and ruled it in my favor and had refunded me $300.

It is not my first time purchasing a branded bag on eBay. My previous bag purchases had been very positive, receiving the bags in the condition that was stated. It is an expensive lesson for me, as I didn’t ask any questions as I had believed what the listing had stated.

It is normal procedure to return the bag before getting a refund. Based on the seller's responses to your concerns and your lack of familiarity with dealing with ebay SNADs, You might not have understood that getting your money back was pretty much guaranteed by ebay.

If I purchased a bag advertised as new and received something that was very clearly used and was then told I would be subject to a restocking fee and then have to deal with suggestions that I had done something to make it looked used, I would not be happy. I don't advocate negging lightly but IMO, it is this type of seller behaviour that deserves a neg.

Last edited: