Protecting the Vanchetta :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Pink

Oct 3, 2007
I know there are probably a million threads on this issue but I just would like a straight up answer! I have my brand new Tivoli and would like to know how to treat the handles to stop it turning out like my (old) Azur. I consider myself to be a careful bag owner but have realised after having my Azur that being careful isn't enough! LOL. I have the Waterstop spray. Will this help? Thanks everyone....

Hmm, even if you don't use it, it's kept in the dust bag in the closet, it will still age but it ages evenly. So it's tough....that's why I have to consider really hard when it comes to items with vachetta.

nothing will stop the leather from turning...other than never using it and leaving it in a dark room forever lol! I did use apple brand rain and stain spray on my handles, honestly I dont think it does much, though i have been in the rain several times and the water spots always dry and go away. I think the big thing is to make sure you dont have lotions or anything on your hands when you go to carry your bag. Those will really make the leather get darker.

I think the new vachetta is dry and the leather is "empty". I have used a good conditioner (beeswax/carnuba wax) that don't darken to prepare the leather surface so hand lotion etc won't get through to the leather. It's also some protection against water spots but apple gardé is perhaps better for waterproofing..

Status
Not open for further replies.