protecting calf (or pony) hair shoes??

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just ordered these amazing leopard print sam edelman heels (with studs on the platforms and a mirrored inside heel - AH). They're some kind of hair, I think its calf but the shoes are no longer up on the website so I can't read the description. I have never had calf hair shoes before. Anything I should do to protect them before wearing??

2. Calf/Pony hair is such a pain the ass (for me at least). If anyone has a good suggestion you will have to share. I just have to be extra careful - I treat them kind of like sequins. I don't let my pants rub them or wear them while driving because the hair tends to rub and either look funky or rub off.

3. I always keep mine in the box when not wearing and I don't wear them in wet weather (ie, rain, snow, etc).

4. Resurrecting this one... I just bought a pair of leopard pony hair wedges off the Nine West sale and I'm wondering, does anyone know of any products I can use on them to prevent balding/staining etc? Would a regular suede/nubuck protector work?

5. Just Meltonian it and baby it like suede :yes: