Proper way to wear a watch?!

finerthings15

Jan 9, 2012
So my boyfriend and I constantly debate this. Now excuse the silliness but he thinks I wear my watch too far up. I need your help! Lol

The way I usually wear it

Vs the way he says I should be wearing it lol

Attachments

• image-2421556542.jpg
    image-2421556542.jpg
    594.3 KB · Views: 1,059
  • image-2740919597.jpg
    image-2740919597.jpg
    537.1 KB · Views: 772
I cannot see the first pictures, but I wear a watch close to/on the wrist, close to the hand. I prefer mine slightly loose, as well, so they sometimes droop a bit onto the hand.

I see this occasionally with rings, too, where people wear them closer to the middle knuckle instead of at the base of the finger. That strikes me as very odd (and very easy to lose a ring), but I suppose anything that is different from how someone normally does things seems odd.

I wear my watches a little loose, so there's some play in where they fall. My hairdresser wears Michael kors-type watches VERY loose, and she pushes them way up on her arm. Each to their own!

Wear your watch however it is most comfortable for you!

redskynight said:
How do you keep it so far up your arm? It doesn't look very comfortable.

Lol thats what my bf says! Im very OCD about my watches moving around. Bracelets can move around all they want but I like when my watch is stationary. so I found that keeping it as high as it can fit keeps it one place and it's very comfortable

LOL this is a funny thread! You would hate the way I wear my watch, so loose it can move and turn completely around! I like wearing my watch pretty loose so that there is a visible gap. My wrist is 6 inches I think and I'm pretty sure my watch is 6.5 inches to give you an idea, so I need about .5 inch wiggle room to feel comfortable in it.

I bet you guys are a cute couple~

benchwarmer said:
LOL this is a funny thread! You would hate the way I wear my watch, so loose it can move and turn completely around! I like wearing my watch pretty loose so that there is a visible gap. My wrist is 6 inches I think and I'm pretty sure my watch is 6.5 inches to give you an idea, so I need about .5 inch wiggle room to feel comfortable in it.

I bet you guys are a cute couple~

Haha, thanks! That made me smile :smile: He knows how addicted I am to tpf so he told me to ask on here for advice since I don't trust him with fashion decisions lol looks like he's winning though :sad: lol