Promise Rings

Here's mine, nothing really expensive. My bf got it from the *bay over 5 years ago. But I love it, he picked it out himself (he never buys me anything on his own!) I have a huge things for hearts and everyone thinks it's real for some reason. :shrugs: I have ladies grab my hands at work and say "My goodness that's huge! Make sure you keep him!" I think it's because it sparkles like a real diamond. I'm just surprised that I haven't lost it, since I loose jewelry really easily.

032sml.jpg

For my E ring, I really want a pink sapphire heart ring with diamond baguettes on the side. Now I just need to tell the bf that! :graucho:

^^ that's SO sweet of him. the presents that i love the most are the ones that my dbf picks out too...or the ones that he puts the most effort. lol about the ladies grabbing your hands. that must be pretty annoying. i hope you get what you want as your e-ring.

My husband gave me a promise ring my sophomore year of college. He hated the idea of getting a promise ring that looked like a small engagement ring. He thought that people would mistake it for the actual ring and think I just got a tiny diamond.

He went to a jeweler's who was going out of business and picked out this diamond and pink sapphire ring in white gold.

w166009836.jpg

It's really gorgeous and sparkles like crazy. I should start wearing it more. I was sort of put on the back burner when I got the real deal. :sweatdrop:

Last edited:
Jan, it's really gorgeous! Mines always gets mistaken as an engagement ring. Oh well, i kind of like that because it feels exclusive for me. I'm pretty serious w/my DBF and we WILL tie the knot one day soon, so, heck! He gave me mines on our 1 year anniversary, some would say that's too soon...but, hey, we are in LOVE.