Promise ring as an engagement ring

Oct 29, 2010
Has anyone bought a promise ring which they wear as an engagement ring?

http://www.debeers.co.uk/bridal/engagement-rings/j1fd07z00p/the-promise-18

I love this debeers ring. I don't know much about jewellery so I wanted to know is this worth it and is it timeless?
The band is 2.7mm, can someone post a pic of a similar size band so I can know how it will look.

I was thinking of adding a debeers aura white diamond band as my wedding band later.

Does anyone have this ring or anything similar?

I have known women who have diamond engagement rings that are that size. I think it looks like a modest engagement ring, it wouldn't strike me as a promise ring. Those two women with similar rings to this, were in their 50's and married for quite a while. I think it is perfectly acceptable to wear it as an engagement ring.

I think it's beautiful. So many of my friends wear non-traditional rings (settings and stones) these days, either because of budget, or aversion of diamonds, or being in love with another look. Go with whatever you want. Don't get too caught up in the name they've given it...De Beers are marketing masters, and calling this a 'promise ring' means that they have a better chance at getting repeat customers when it's engagement time.

That ring is lovely and a nicer price point than most. I plan on getting stack rings as a wedding set because I can't wear thicker and/or higher profile rings without getting blisters on my hands or banging it around/getting it caught on something.

It's a gorgeous ring and if you like it you should go for it and don't let the name change your mind cause in the en of the day nobody will pay attention if it's called a promise ring or engagement ring. I think it's a great ring and it will look gorgeous with a diamond band.