Proenza Schouler PS1 bag

Hi! I’m a little torn between buying a PS1 large jade olive green or PS1 large black. I have a medium PS1+ black bag but really want a more slouchy bag... not sure if the jade olive green is closer to military color or not or if 1 black bag should be enough lol

Hi! I’m a little torn between buying a PS1 large jade olive green or PS1 large black. I have a medium PS1+ black bag but really want a more slouchy bag... not sure if the jade olive green is closer to military color or not or if 1 black bag should be enough lol
Well, there can never be too many black bags :graucho:, but... Jade Olive Green is also really beautiful. There aren't that many green bags around. I think the color's pretty close to Military, but if I remember correctly, Military is more brownish/yellowish. Also, not sure if the black PS1 Large is on sale right now, but the Green one is, it's 50% off on the PS website.

Reactions: jaemin
I feel like the PS1 large black never goes on sale. The black one seems to have a softer leather than the jade olive green? Farfetch is also selling the jade olive green but the bag looks lighter compared to the one in PS website? Thoughts?

I feel like the PS1 large black never goes on sale. The black one seems to have a softer leather than the jade olive green? Farfetch is also selling the jade olive green but the bag looks lighter compared to the one in PS website? Thoughts?
Those seem to be two different bags - the one on the PS website is the 'old' version. Look at the hangtag on the side, the leather pull tab on the zipper pull in the back and the interior. Farfetch has the 'new' version. Both are made of lambskin, but perhaps the 'new' one is a bit different and not as slouchy? But it will certainly soften up with use, the 'new' one on Farfetch already started to curl on the edges.

Those seem to be two different bags - the one on the PS website is the 'old' version. Look at the hangtag on the side, the leather pull tab on the zipper pull in the back and the interior. Farfetch has the 'new' version. Both are made of lambskin, but perhaps the 'new' one is a bit different and not as slouchy? But it will certainly soften up with use, the 'new' one on Farfetch already started to curl on the edges.

Thank you! I’m def partial to the dark green :smile:

Another question: Is the black PS1 large in PS website the old version or the new one? Thanks!

Thank you! I’m def partial to the dark green :smile:

Another question: Is the black PS1 large in PS website the old version or the new one? Thanks!
Old one. The easiest way to tell is the hangtag - the old one is a metal plaque on a piece of leather, the new one is all metal. The interior of the old one has the triangle pattern, the new one is just plain dark gray with 'Proenza Schouler' written on it.

Old one. The easiest way to tell is the hangtag - the old one is a metal plaque on a piece of leather, the new one is all metal. The interior of the old one has the triangle pattern, the new one is just plain dark gray with 'Proenza Schouler' written on it.

Thanks! Would you recommend getting the new or old version of the jade olive green? Do you think there will be a difference in quality?

Thanks! Would you recommend getting the new or old version of the jade olive green? Do you think there will be a difference in quality?
Honestly, I don't know. As fas as color goes, choose what makes your heart sing. Which one would you get the most use out of, the black or the green?
Personally, I prefer the old version. I like how the leather of the old one looks and the hardware, too. But some might not like the leather pull tabs and prefer a more clean and 'modern' look of the new PS1.

Honestly, I don't know. As fas as color goes, choose what makes your heart sing. Which one would you get the most use out of, the black or the green?
Personally, I prefer the old version. I like how the leather of the old one looks and the hardware, too. But some might not like the leather pull tabs and prefer a more clean and 'modern' look of the new PS1.

The new version of the PS1 seems to be more structured, almost similar to PS1+. I haven't seen a new version of the large black PS1... Thanks again!