Problem with Givenchy mini antigona strap

I wouldn't return it due to the strap issue- like I mentioned in previous posts, I even forgot about this problem because those clasp circle thingies fixed the problem. If it didn't work, then I'd be beyond irritated and would have returned or sold my Antigonas. It's sad that we need to "fix" this ourselves seeing the price and brand of the bag, but the design is pretty enough for me to still love the bag.

Hello, I have a black mini antigona and bought it off eBay a few years ago and I noticed that my strap is not detachable. I tried to look up if Givenchy ever made them without detachable straps. The bag looks authentic and everything else seems to check out but since I haven’t used it in so long, I was going to try to sell it but don’t want to list it as authentic if I don’t know 100% because of the strap. Does anyone know? I looked up some for sale and some that I saw listed look like there is no notch where the strap is detachable. TIA!!!

Hello, I have a black mini antigona and bought it off eBay a few years ago and I noticed that my strap is not detachable. I tried to look up if Givenchy ever made them without detachable straps. The bag looks authentic and everything else seems to check out but since I haven’t used it in so long, I was going to try to sell it but don’t want to list it as authentic if I don’t know 100% because of the strap. Does anyone know? I looked up some for sale and some that I saw listed look like there is no notch where the strap is detachable. TIA!!!

Yes, I bought one in 2012, and the strap wasn’t detachable.

Reactions: dazednconfused
Mine is detachable but nothing ever happened. Also when I really purposely try to detach it it really takes a while to click. I cannot imagine what would have to happen for it to detach accidentally :smile:

I use small carabiner clasps to hold my bag to my strap. Pretty cheap at amazon. No issues. they came in a pack of several sizes. I wanted to get something small but big enough to go around the hardware. I know I’d be super upset if one day my bag just fell down due to that notch.

Attachments

• IMG_8842.jpeg
    IMG_8842.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8843.jpeg
    IMG_8843.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 11
P.S. And I’ve been using this bag for weeks and weeks straight. Just also wanted to add that I never removed the strap since I purchased the bag. Maybe removing it often causes the problem after certain time.