Problem at the Spa-It’s not the same color

Thank you for all your input!! All great advice as always. All the bags will have silver hardware ( just my preference). Another question. I know I would love the vermillion color (I love most Hermes colors). How does it compare to Rouge de Coeur? I have a Saut in Rouge de Coeur. update- they sent me the comparison. Posting in case anyone was curious. i think I will just do black since I don’t have that and could use a black bag. (my bags are mostly colors).

02F9B702-90BD-4DFF-88AB-7856745C9A34.jpeg

it’s not encouraging that you had to get an attorney involved before they rectified their error but i’m glad it is being resolved
I'm glad you are getting this resolved. One question, did they admit they dyed your bag..or did they try to give you someone else's bag??

yes. they did. It’s very strange to me and I honestly don’t know how much I believe. The customer experience manager I spoke with said yes the machine that reads the color mistakenly read the color as feu. It seems that the technicians are in germany- at least what i understood from what she said. I told her that I told the SA that i said the color is orange poppy. she said the SA wrote that in the work order. she also said she saw the bag ( after repair). I told her that the Manager said the pictures that the SA took when I dropped off the bag are now gone. she said she saw them. so basically they said they colored the bag wrong and asked what I wanted. Side thought: how does that happen if repairs are done by hand? wouldn’t a technician see the difference between orange poppy and feu??? anyway. she gave me a choice of four colors. I know this sounds bizarre. i can’t believe it myself. i’ve used the spa with another bag and the transaction was smooth and no cost to me. they did the repairs and returned the bag as promised.
So now I am deciding if I choose from her choices or ask for a color. I am grateful they are offering a replacement bag but I am also a bit cross that it took a letter from an attorney. Oh i have asked for the refund of the 275 euros i paid for the repair. I haven’t received a confirmation. But i’m firm on this - why should I pay for the mistake ? Thank you everyone for your support. so know this is an abnormally. I’m not that concerned because I think my ask is reasonable. I’m ready to settle this and move on.

Reading your experience here.....I would ask for a color that I like that is immediately available and ask for a store credit of 275 Euros (I am assuming that most stores give the refund in a gift card or store credit faster and easily than cash/return to your cc) and call it a day. I wouldn't drag it any longer. What if the people involved here leave? Would the new staff know what to do..or would you need an Attorney to write them a letter again?

Reading your experience here.....I would ask for a color that I like that is immediately available and ask for a store credit of 275 Euros (I am assuming that most stores give the refund in a gift card or store credit faster and easily than cash/return to your cc) and call it a day. I wouldn't drag it any longer. What if the people involved here leave? Would the new staff know what to do..or would you need an Attorney to write them a letter again?
I agree. I’m not dealing with the store at the moment and it will be done in a day or so. A store credit is a good idea if they don’t want to credit my card. I’m ok with that as I’m sure i will spend it. .

I agree. I’m not dealing with the store at the moment and it will be done in a day or so. A store credit is a good idea if they don’t want to credit my card. I’m ok with that as I’m sure i will spend it. .
Hope you'll be able to get a (replacement) bag that you love, and hope you can show us too what you picked. I am glad this has been resolved (or is close to being fully resolved).

Last edited:
I am very pleased to read the positive result of this weird incident. If I were you, I would ask for the colour I really want (maybe the original colour?) but not to choose the 4 colours they provided. They should refund the repair costs to you, but not the store credit.
You have the upper hand now!

Reactions: lulu212121
As you can see I am being offered a replacement bag since they admitted to the mistake. I am OK with this - just want to get this issue settled. However, the choices are Vermillion, Orange, Gold or Black. I am not a fan of Gold (for me).
Wow, I just came across this thread, and I am so sorry this happened to you. I am fairly new to Hermes, but this kind of gross negligence by them makes me very nervous. So are they offering you a new bag, in addition to you keeping the one they errored? Or will it be a direct swap?

I am very pleased to read the positive result of this weird incident. If I were you, I would ask for the colour I really want (maybe the original colour?) but not to choose the 4 colours they provided. They should refund the repair costs to you, but not the store credit.
You have the upper hand now!
I did. ask for the original color and they said it’s not available.

Wow, I just came across this thread, and I am so sorry this happened to you. I am fairly new to Hermes, but this kind of gross negligence by them makes me very nervous. So are they offering you a new bag, in addition to you keeping the one they errored? Or will it be a direct swap?
Don’t be nervous. I hope my experience is just a one time thing. I’ve used the SPA before without issue. I sent in my Evelyn ( canapé color). The metal rings on the strap and bag were wearing through and they replaced all without charge and delivered in the timeline promised.

Just a hypothetical question that might be fun to think about. If you had a choice to replace a “bag gone wrong “ what color would you chose? Any color is up for choosing . Me- i would chose the same color as this makes the decision much easier. ;)

Reactions: jmen