Prior experience shipping to Sweden?

moonchopin

Jun 3, 2009
Interested buyer from Sweden. Is there a trackable and safe way of shipping to sweden from U.S.? Also, does paypal work with swede denomination? This is a first international transaction for me. I have NO CLUE what to do.

But I definitely want to get rid of my extras from my closet pronto.

Help! :smile:

paypal works fine in sweden, they'll get the invoice as normal and pay in US dollars. the best way to ship is usps express, it's trackable the whole way. customs there are pretty brutal so make sure your buyer is aware of that though.

^^Indeed - i think it's about 40% but i can't remember what the threshold is i.e if it's under a certain amount they shouldn't get charged customs. Ask them to double check the regulations before they buy so they are fully aware of what to expect - i would place a copy of the auction page (after it has ended and if they win of course) inside the package if the sum is fairly large as some proof for customs officials.

Always remember to declare the full amount you sold the item for on the customs form and insure it for the same amount (not the amount it might have been originally been worth). I'm not up to date on what service includes what from the US, but if it is anything over $250 USD, you must get a signature confirmation - although i would recommend it on international transactions regardless. This should protect you against a possible item not received claim with Paypal.

Obviously it depends on what you're selling - if it's very low value dollar items, you probably won't worry too much but for anything more expensive take every precaution possible - as you should when shipping domestically! There are scammers all over the world, but the majority of buyers out there are good, honest people, so just be sensible! :smile:

Use Global express, that works fine! Customs in Sweden is around 40% and we are only allowed to buy for more than $30 without having to pay Customs....gifts cannot be valued at more than $50 or they will be hit with Customs. HTH

Kat

so if the item is 150 then its 40% on top of that? Ouch!!! how would I reflect that in the paypal trnasaction? Or do they pay it for themselves to retrieve the package? thats nuts.

so if the item is 150 then its 40% on top of that? Ouch!!! how would I reflect that in the paypal trnasaction? Or do they pay it for themselves to retrieve the package? thats nuts.
yes, included shipping...they add what the buyer paid for shipping too...so if it says $35 for shipping it will be 40% off of $185!

Custom fees are ALWAYS the responsability of the buyer...like dear annanas said, you don´t need to do anything. The buyer has to pay upon delivery (sux,lol)

Just ship Express Mail International. You can keep track of it and it is the only method from the post office that does that.

Do make sure the buyer is aware of customs duties. I have sold to a couple of buyers in Sweden and it has been a pleasant experience both times.

thanks! yeah. i had like 3 watchers for an item including someone from sweden but thyey never bid...i just relisted and hope someone buys the sucker off of me since i dont want it and usless to me without serious alterations.

I shipped an order to Sweden last year, I believe via USPS Priority Intl and it arrived just fine in about 2 weeks. However, the buyer complained about the import duties and taxes. I sold them $300 worth of merchandise and noted that on the custom forms, and I think the duties they had to pay out was about $120...

Good luck! :woohoo:

ooooh

im getting annoyed.

I iunderstand the whole concept of watchers. BUT...I feel that several of my watchers are just waiting for me to drop the price on the item for them. But I think its outrageous because its BNWT (I couldnt wear it) item that retails for almost 1K AND im selling it for under $200? Are you trying to get it for practically free? That just makes me stick to my guns and just relist a 3rd, 4th time with same price and eventually just donate it out of principle.