Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh

I hope Prince Philip is giving Camilla an encouraging wink as he rests in peace.

Duchess Camilla intending to follow Prince Philip’s 'philosophy' when it comes to future in the Royal Family

In recent months senior members of the extended Royal Family have been observed taking on even more prominent roles, with the Queen’s new job description stating that she will be “greatly assisted” by her family members going forwards. Amongst those who appear to be busier than ever are Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall, the future King and Queen Consort. And with even more responsibilities awaiting her when the Prince of Wales ascends to the throne, it’s now been revealed that Duchess Camilla is intending to follow Prince Philip’s “philosophy”.

The Duchess of Cornwall got candid about how her late father-in-law has influenced her approach to her very public role as she attended a “splendid lunch” to celebrate her upcoming 75th birthday on July 17th…

Now Queen Elizabeth has followed her husband, the Duke of Edinburgh.

LONDON — The death of Queen Elizabeth II marks the start of a new era for the U.K. — but it’s one fraught with economic uncertainty and dampening national sentiment.

The queen, who at 96 was the U.K.’s longest-reigning monarch, died “peacefully” Thursday at Balmoral Castle, Scotland, hours after doctors expressed concern for her ailing health.

Thousands of Brits gathered outside Buckingham Palace in the pouring rain following the news to pay their respects.

The queen — whose 70-year reign spanned the aftermath of WWII, the winding down of Britain’s vast empire, the 2016 Brexit vote and a global pandemic — had come to symbolize a rare constant in a world of constant change. She is succeeded by her eldest son, who was proclaimed King Charles III hours after her death.

As I also wrote elsewhere:

It is only today that I read in the paper who of the German nobility was present at the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II.
Prince Bernhard of Baden

In 2021, Bernhard was one of only 30 mourners at his great-uncle's funeral at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle
Bernhard, Hereditary Prince of Baden (Bernhard Max Friedrich August Gustav Louis Kraft; born 27 May 1970) is a German prince and heir to the head of the House of Baden.

Prince Bernhard was born in Schloss Salem, Salem, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, the eldest son of Maximilian, Margrave of Baden, and Archduchess Valerie of Austria.

Through his paternal grandmother, Princess Theodora, Bernhard was a great-nephew of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. The Duke often went to Germany to shoot with the family.
In 2021, Bernhard was one of only 30 mourners at his great-uncle's funeral at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle

Bernhard is from the same region of Germany as I am = the former Grand Duchy of Baden. :smile:

@ Bernhard, Hereditary Prince of Baden

There are news:

Maximilian, Margrave of Baden (Maximilian Andreas Friedrich Gustav Ernst August Bernhard; 3 July 1933 – 29 December 2022), also known as Max von Baden, was a German businessman and the head of House of Baden. Through his mother, Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark, the second sister of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, he was a first cousin of King Charles III of the United Kingdom.

The old Margrave has died yesterday.

R.I.P.

His son Bernhard will now become the new Margrave of Baden

This is cute…
1703016160124.pngSpeaking to Candis magazine, the 77-year-old said: 'The Queen would sometimes host small, intimate lunches at Buckingham Palace and I was lucky enough to be invited to one.

I was talking to the Duke of Edinburgh at the moment the fruit bowl reached me. I didn't want to break eye contact with him, so I reached over my shoulder and found I'd picked a mango.

'Now, the only think I knew about a mango was that it's best eaten in a bath when you can make as much mess as you'd like - but I was at Buckingham Palace.

'So, I made the snap decision. I turned to Prince Philip and said 'Excuse me Sir, I think I might embarrass myself if I try to eat this mango.

'He picked up the cue immediately - 'Don't worry', he said 'give it to me and I'll show you how'. So saying, and in front of everybody, he demonstrated how to cut and peel a mango.

This is cute…
View attachment 5914457Speaking to Candis magazine, the 77-year-old said: 'The Queen would sometimes host small, intimate lunches at Buckingham Palace and I was lucky enough to be invited to one.

I was talking to the Duke of Edinburgh at the moment the fruit bowl reached me. I didn't want to break eye contact with him, so I reached over my shoulder and found I'd picked a mango.

'Now, the only think I knew about a mango was that it's best eaten in a bath when you can make as much mess as you'd like - but I was at Buckingham Palace.

'So, I made the snap decision. I turned to Prince Philip and said 'Excuse me Sir, I think I might embarrass myself if I try to eat this mango.

'He picked up the cue immediately - 'Don't worry', he said 'give it to me and I'll show you how'. So saying, and in front of everybody, he demonstrated how to cut and peel a mango.

You consistently find such interesting items to share! :flowers: Especially enjoyed this story, liking both Prince Phillip and Pierrot. I’m going to search for ”In the Theft of the Royal Ruby.”

have you found „in the Theft ….“
Yes, in Season 3, Episode 9 in the 1991 TV Series “Agatha Christie’s Poirot.” The scene is about a minute and a half long and David Suchet, playing Poirot, deftly slices the mango. I found it on BritBox and it’s also available on Amazon Prime.

At the conclusion of the scene he does credit the Duke:
IMG_4017.png