Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Just returned from a short holiday. The plane was delayed, then we sat waiting a half hour for take-off clearance. I found a 17-minute Architecture Digest episode about CT and JL's house. I watched it all without sound or subtitles, so it really was body language all the way. CT didn't try to hog the camera. JT did more than half the talking. There was some self-deprecating humour which I could read from their interaction. The kids were natural, running in and out of camera view. The house was nice. It was pretty obvious that they had cleaned it up for the shoot because there was no clutter, but equally obvious that this was a home. You had the sense that the furniture was used and not just for display. You could definitely film a cooking programme in their kitchen. Both parents carried the baby and, at one point, when CT had him in her lap, he fixated on her bracelets and suddenly glommed onto them with his tiny mouth. That was funny and it wasn't even where the camera was focussing.

And I thought about how Lolo interacted with Archie (the doll or the child), especially during the pap walk in Canada and the book-merching video when she was visibly frus that Archie wasn't cooperating, and those glimpses of their McMansion which look either cluttered or manufactured set. And I thought about how she physically elbows Hazzi or pushes him aside or just charges in front of him and everyone else, how she tries to grab things (mics, trophies) out of other people's hands, and how she glares when the spotlight is on anyone else.

So to cleanse my mind, I watched a totally senseless movie featuring Jason Statham :biggrin: and a bloodbath.

Both parents carried the baby and, at one point, when CT had him in her lap, he fixated on her bracelets and suddenly glommed onto them with his tiny mouth.

And I thought about how she physically elbows Hazzi or pushes him aside or just charges in front of him and everyone else, how she tries to grab things (mics, trophies) out of other people's hands, and how she glares when the spotlight is on anyone else.

It’s funny - seeing these two sentences in the same post was the first time I ever associated Meghan’s need to grab things (mics, trophies) with an infant’s tendency to grab shiny objects. lol

I see MM approved and I always laugh.
Tell me about it - I used to shop at Bleusalt, a clothing store in the Malibu Country Mart that sells comfortable, casual clothing with a slightly elevated sense of style. Then…Meghan wore something by them in one of her videos and I haven’t been able to buy anything from there since. I’ve promised myself to get past the MM association since it’s unfair to punish a small business for my lack of appreciation of all things Meghan, but it’s such a tough lift. She just leaves a mental stain on everything she touches.

Tell me about it - I used to shop at Bleusalt, a clothing store in the Malibu Country Mart that sells comfortable, casual clothing with a slightly elevated sense of style. Then…Meghan wore something by them in one of her videos and I haven’t been able to buy anything from there since. I’ve promised myself to get past the MM association since it’s unfair to punish a small business for my lack of appreciation of all things Meghan, but it’s such a tough lift. She just leaves a mental stain on everything she touches.
My stand on this: if I'm already a fan of the brand and they are not sponsoring her or actively seeking to associate with her, I continue buying. I was undecided about Dior for a long time because their association with Lolo was murky and especially after Hazmat seemed to be merching a Dior shirt. I will not buy anything from brands clearly associated with or supporting Lolo or Hazmat. That would include anything related to Oprah, Tyler, Ellen, Corden, Suits, Archewell, ButterHerUp, ARO, Clevr, SxSW, Newsweek, Time, Herrera, Travelyst, Invictus.

My stand on this: if I'm already a fan of the brand and they are not sponsoring her or actively seeking to associate with her, I continue buying. I was undecided about Dior for a long time because their association with Lolo was murky and especially after Hazmat seemed to be merching a Dior shirt. I will not buy anything from brands clearly associated with or supporting Lolo or Hazmat. That would include anything related to Oprah, Tyler, Ellen, Corden, Suits, Archewell, ButterHerUp, ARO, Clevr, SxSW, Newsweek, Time, Herrera, Travelyst, Invictus.

Right? I still love Max Mara coats. I also trust I can find my size.

I don’t think Dior is a fan of Lolo. They are just PC about the association. Apparently she’s a huge diva and not well liked by those at the house who have had to deal with her thus far.

Even Bernard Arnault is smart enough to know she’s radioactive for his brands.

For someone who lives for the spotlight and gloated front and center of many BRF outings early on, her delusions of grandeur must have sooooo OTT to think she could do better and/or get more attention by leaving the RF. And leaving is one thing, but all the accusations and still demanding the perks and apologies is lunacy. And now...jam? Really? Jam? What's coming next? Her own line of pickleball racquets?
I could see a line of pickleball racquets with H’s face on them to smash against the balls :biggrin:

Deleting screenshots off my phone, this must be a few years old.

So she publicly tried to grab Charles? WTF.

View attachment 5995402
If she tried to get physical in public to demo to the cameras how close she was to her FIL, then it's no surprise that she also displays her lack of decorum to many other men who are close to Hazmat (that's you, Nacho! Poor William too.) She most likely tried to grab at Charles even more in private.

If she ever writes her memwah, it will be filled with petty stories of instances when her physical displays of familiarity were rebuffed due to, you know - racism and all that.

It makes me wonder how many lies we’ve been fed about other famous people that we’re inclined to believe because we don’t care enough about them to fact check. The number is likely staggering.
Ryan Holiday was the advertising genius behind American Apparel in their controversial heyday. He put out a book called “Trust Me, I’m Lying” about the online media ecosystem.

He recounted a story about how we was doing the press for “I hope they serve beer in hell” book by Tucker Max. At one point, he commented to the author that the book had been on the NYT list at least one week a year from ‘06 to ‘12. So they updated the Wikipedia listing saying that it had been on the list each year from ‘06-‘12. A lazy journalist who didn’t closely read then went on to report that it was on the NYT list for 6! Years. And then Max and Holiday citied the misinformation in that article to again change the wiki. (After the publication of Holidays book, it was subsequently changed back.)

In other words, it’s very easy to create a false narrative online, and most people don’t care to correct it. You have to work as hard as our dear Duchess to piss off enough people to make a cottage industry out of debunking your every lie.

It took me a while to get this one.☕ Will and Kate are permanently invited to the Met Gala, which leaves Harold and TW permanently uninvited.:facepalm:

anna wintour burn GIF

Right! Lemme see......who are AW and Met Gala going to side with.....a future KING AND QUEEN or a couple of spoiled entitled brats who'll do anything to pimp their titles?