Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Just checked my local public library catalogue to see if they wasted money on The Bench or (shudder) were gifted a copy. Nothing - so far, so good. But I did find a pre-wedding book by an American publisher, written by author Elizabeth Krajnik who writes mainly children's books. I find the title so contradictory - there is no royalty in the USA, but I guess Disney has made fairytale princesses very desirable.

MEGHAN MARKLE: AMERICAN ROYAL
Actress Meghan Markle is set to marry Prince Harry of Britain in May 2018. As a biracial actress, she faced a fair deal of struggles conforming to Hollywood's expectations of how she should look, dress, and speak. After landing a role in the hit show Suits in 2011, Meghan started to use her fame to speak out about equality. This biography explores Meghan's path to royalty and the challenges she faced on her journey. Age-appropriate text supports full-color photographs to catch the reader's eye, while quotes from Meghan illustrate her character.

Those quotes might now be seen as misleading :rolleyes:

I’m going to defend this, University is meant to be a place where people swop ideas and debate even issues that seem distasteful and controversial to us. Also it’s meant to encourage people to learn rhetoric and public speaking. The purpose of something like a union debate isn’t meant to be a declarative statement of what the university body thinks but who argued better at the debate.
What actually happened with the vote and the picture removal seems a bit garbled, but to me, the aim should be to table a more convincing motion for the portrait to stay there next meeting rather than saying that this man has no right to suggest it.

what I object to is when universities minimise teaching time and become a hive mind of regurgitating their lectures of acceptable opinion to keep the degree factory in business.

I’d also say lots of people were saying way worse things about the royals in unis of the 70s and 80s - it’s definitely not a new debate :lol:
I agree with you. Universities are supposed to be a protected place where all ideas can be discussed in a respectful manner. Though, a certain 'cancel culture' is changing that. Many people are afraid that their comments are taken out of context or misinterpreted.

Here’s another example of why I hate how fixated the US press is on Harry and Meghan. CNN interviewed Edward, supposedly about his father’s Duke of Edinburgh's Award. In reality CNN made the first half of the story about Meghan and Harry. Eventually they get around to the actual topic. I wonder if Edward felt a bit blindsided.

Here’s another example of why I hate how fixated the US press is on Harry and Meghan. CNN interviewed Edward, supposedly about his father’s Duke of Edinburgh's Award. In reality CNN made the first half of the story about Meghan and Harry. Eventually they get around to the actual topic. I wonder if Edward felt a bit blindsided.

The couple keeps courting controversy and hogging the limelight. But do you think the situation is exacerbated because Methane is American and the US press is therefore particularly fixated on her?

This doesn’t sound true to me. In the US if for example if you decide to use Dr A, Dr A can only deliver you at the hospital where s/he has “hospital privileges” , not necessarily the hospital you’ve picked. I’ve never heard of anyone looking at hospital delivery places. You might shop around for the obstetrician but not the hospital. (Unless you did shop around for a hospital, then you’d have to choose from whatever obstetricians have privileges there)
Interesting. I wish someone would do a deep dive on this.

Reactions: etudes
Interesting. I wish someone would do a deep dive on this.
I would not be surprised if it is true that they shopped hospitals. As a former Californian I can tell you that normal rules do NOT apply to celebraties.

"Did you know Dr. So and So delivered The Duchess of Sussex' daughter?" is worth a lot of money in the Golden State.

A few pages back we were wondering if Archie was in preschool when we saw the pap photo of heavily pregnant M carrying Archie on her bump. This article says M recently enrolled him -

Meghan also apparently recently enrolled 2-year-old Archie in a morning program at a preschool a few days a week. The source said, “He is big enough that he is now starting to have his own life too. He enjoys preschool and outdoor activities.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/20...onship-royal-family-focused-on-lilibet-archie

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are Reportedly “Trying Their Utmost to Maintain a Good Relationship” With the Royal Family
The couple apparently feel that the birth of their daughter is “almost like a new beginning.”
By Emily Kirkpatrick
June 10, 2021

A few pages back we were wondering if Archie was in preschool when we saw the pap photo of heavily pregnant M carrying Archie on her bump. This article says M recently enrolled him -

Meghan also apparently recently enrolled 2-year-old Archie in a morning program at a preschool a few days a week. The source said, “He is big enough that he is now starting to have his own life too. He enjoys preschool and outdoor activities.”

The couple apparently feel that the birth of their daughter is “almost like a new beginning.”

Who are they kidding?

Erk I’m almost feeling bad posting this one. I would be at plate smashing stage if I read this gossip about me…
Posting for the sake of the record of this thread…

Spotify? Netflix?
The Apple TV production with Oprah and the James Cordon and Dax Shepherd escapades must have pissed people off, since they thought they had contracts?

All those rules were created long before IVF and surrogates became a thing. Still, I assume as long as it was Harry’s sperm that was used, the baby is Royal. I don’t think this kind of situation has been addressed yet.

As long as the antiquated rule is not declared null and void it is still in place. Not that it matters in this case, as those children will never come close enough to the throne to see the decorations on it .