Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

So why didn’t she invite her niece to the wedding? Meghan is a piece of work. She must have a heart of stone. Don’t know about you guys but if I have nieces and nephews I care about regardless of feelings between siblings, I don’t hold it against them.

View attachment 4773419
My wonderful niece would have been in my wedding!

Oh, and her hashtag "family first", what an absolute liar! Didn't Harry see this stuff or his staff see it and tell him about her already having a family--that she apparently Markled? You can't make this stuff up!

I keep thinking back to the garden party, 4 days after wedding, yes it was C's bday but I was surprised that they delayed the honeymoon - at the time, I thought this was a very nice gesture as Kate was still nominally on maternity leave, so, THEN I had such a positive view of their participation in the event

Naive me, H&M must have been asked/told to attend, setting the stage for the whole silly garden party kerfuffle

Not that I am a paragon of protocol and manners, but I think to my own life and wonder what I would do, asked to attend a party I did not want to attend, answer: having decided to go, I would suck it up for 2 hrs, common sense to avoid irritating the family, then go have a cocktail. Heck, we have all attended some function that was distasteful, and we deal with it

This garden party is more complicated than my hypothetical, due to the army of press at garden party - ready to lip read and video tape ...

But, I keep coming back to a leitmotif ... if they had acted with NORMAL attention to social conventions, they would have been fine Being a less controversial member of the BRF is not rocket science, common sense is invaluable

hashtag "family first" and not inviting any family (except Doria) to her gazillion dollar wedding that the groom's family that would have paid all expenses to attend without batting an eye? Don't tell me that Doria shelled out a single dime for her lovely tailored outfit and the Rolls Royce ride to St George's Chapel. Or does Meghan mean "family first when throwing people under the bus"? What a piece of work.

hashtag "family first" and not inviting any family (except Doria) to her gazillion dollar wedding that the groom's family that would have paid all expenses to attend without batting an eye? Don't tell me that Doria shelled out a single dime for her lovely tailored outfit and the Rolls Royce ride to St George's Chapel. Or does Meghan mean "family first when throwing people under the bus"? What a piece of work.
yes, it's odd that she couldn't find a single relative other than her mother to invite
As far as Doria's outfit, I think Meghan could have afforded that from her own money (if Doria could not)

the more I think about it, I think Angie was probably a role model for "M". But I'll bet M now thinks she has surpassed Angie. Too bad she didn't realize by throwing away the royal duties she's given up a lot of the fame and adulation she so wanted (at least I hope so).

Meghan still has a long way to go before she reaches that high level of calculated scheming that Angie has exhibited. She certainly is showing potential though. Dare to dream, Meghan! :biggrin:

Meghan still has a long way to go before she reaches that high level of calculated scheming that Angie has exhibited. She certainly is showing potential though. Dare to dream, Meghan! :biggrin:
well she got a prince to give up his "throne" (assuming you believe it was her idea).....and if one believes they had broken up when she showed up at the wedding as his plus-one uninvited, then it was quite an accomplishment to manage to marry him after that. have to give credit where credit is due :smile:

well she got a prince to give up his "throne" (assuming you believe it was her idea).....and if one believes they had broken up when she showed up at the wedding as his plus-one uninvited, then it was quite an accomplishment to manage to marry him after that. have to give credit where credit is due :smile:

So true. I wish we knew the story of how she managed that amazing turnaround. I'm guessing it involved either spectacular sex or witchcraft, maybe both! :lol:

My wonderful niece would have been in my wedding!

Oh, and her hashtag "family first", what an absolute liar! Didn't Harry see this stuff or his staff see it and tell him about her already having a family--that she apparently Markled? You can't make this stuff up!

They probably did and that is why he kept butting heads with everyone. He did not want to hear it and tried to force her on everyone. I am just surprised that the RF agreed to this wedding and the huge expense. They probably did not want to lose Harry over it. Well they did anyway.

Are we talking about Pippa's wedding? The one where the Middleton's did not want her there and Harry insisted she attend the reception by leaving the event and driving 50 miles each way to pick her up?

What a colossal sap.
Yup, in the UK, in society, it is not done to bring a mere girlfriend to a wedding - just a plus one - the mantra is NO RING NO BRING - ie if you are not engaged, then she is NOT invited
May seem silly in other countries, but, it is totally the norm in the UK where protocol rules