Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Nahhh KC3 can’t give away a palace but he can gift Highgrove

Years ago, it was suggested that H pursue agricultural studies so he knew more about managing organic farming, not that idea stuck . I think Louis will be penciled in to get that place
but for the Harkles ? KC3 has a place in Romania
I agree, I don't think Charles has any perks for Hazz at this point. However, if he had stayed in the UK and behaved like a normal adult, I'm positive he would get a lot from his father.

I agree, I don't think Charles has any perks for Hazz at this point. However, if he had stayed in the UK and behaved like a normal adult, I'm positive he would get a lot from his father.

And to think that greedy thing he married ruined it all for him because she couldn't upstage Kate. I'd be very happy a few places down the pecking order, still rich, still very comfortable, but maybe I have simpler taste :lol:

When words fail Piers, it must be serious… :lol:

PIERS MORGAN: I think it's absolutely disgusting and shame on Kerry Kennedy, frankly, for besmirching the name and memory of her father in this way. The idea that these two little grifters, who quit royal duty, quit Britain… exploited and fleeced their royal titles for hundreds of millions of dollars straight in their back pocket…the idea that they're being lauded as some kind of heroes in America by your own sort of royal family, if you like, the Kennedys, it really sticks in my gullet. And I think they should rethink this, because I think it just to me, it epitomizes the malaise of modern celebrity when you have two people going out of their way to trash their families on national television. Harry has this book coming out, and he's going to do it all over again to his father who's now the king, who's still mourning, of course, the death of his mother. You've got Meghan Markle, who was a sort of two-bit mediocre actress who married into a family, took our favorite prince, took him to America, and is now spending her entire time trying to attack the monarchy. And I'm sorry, but as a monarchist and as somebody who loves this country, I think it's completely outrageous that they are now being given the cloak of honor and prestige and branded heroes by a Kennedy… Honestly, words fail me.

they are now being given the cloak of honor and prestige and branded heroes by a Kennedy

Yes, there was a time [long gone] where the Kennedy name meant something. Not so much now. So many issues, scandals and conflicts with these recent generations. This particular award is well known for its shady activity, even more so now. Being connected to this side of ‘the family’ will not enhance anyone’s reputation imo. AlecB knows this. H&M are about to find out.

There is no cloak of honor or prestige.

they are now being given the cloak of honor and prestige and branded heroes by a Kennedy

Yes, there was a time [long gone] where the Kennedy name meant something. Not so much now. So many issues, scandals and conflicts with these recent generations. This particular award is well known for its shady activity, even more so now. Being connected to this side of ‘the family’ will not enhance anyone’s reputation imo. AlecB knows this. H&M are about to find out.

There is no cloak of honor or prestige.
I feel this way. The day is long gone when trading on the Kennedy name is a good thing. Caroline tried it in an aborted run for Senator from NY many years ago. She didn't last very long. She was smart to pull out and wait for an Ambassadorship, which she received X2. When one of the clan runs for office, I roll my eyes.

I think at this point, after all this negative publicity, even if the Sussex called up Kerry and said, don't give us the award, the damage has been done and The King can't ignore it. If the Sussex were at the back of the room before, they have now been shunted to the far end of the porch with one arm holding on to the railing. They can blame themselves. Not that they will, of course.

I believe Charles would give Hazz the Edinburgh title as well as one of the palaces had he stayed in the UK, but not after what he has been doing in the US. Charles is likely waiting for the right time to pass it to his brother.
Reading lots of catch-up posts after taking a long break from the disastrous twosome starting at the end.:whut:
Since Prince Philip asked that the Duke of Edinburgh title be transferred to Prince Edward upon his death, I don't believe Dufus has a chance in hell of ever getting it. When PP died the title automatically reverted to then Prince Charles and I'm guessing that KCIII is waiting until the Coronation to award the title to Edward.

Reading lots of catch-up posts after taking a long break from the disastrous twosome starting at the end.:whut:
Since Prince Philip asked that the Duke of Edinburgh title be transferred to Prince Edward upon his death, I don't believe Dufus has a chance in hell of ever getting it. When PP died the title automatically reverted to then Prince Charles and I'm guessing that KCIII is waiting until the Coronation to award the title to Edward.
After how Harry acted regarding his military appt with the Royal Marines, I think PP would roll over in his tomb if Harry was given his title.

I watched video this morning of the state dinner and KC's speech. Had the Harkles stayed they'd have been included and she'd have gotten her tiara moments. But then I realized she'd never have been satisfied having to attend boring state dinners with random heads of state and visiting the young and old at hospitals and care centers. She craves the glitzy events - Vanity Fair Oscar parties, Met Gala invites, front row seats at Fashion Week, etc. I am convinced she had no intention all along of staying in England and used racism as her "get out of royal jail" card. But ever since TQ shot down their (her) half in, half out plan that would have let her have her cake and eat it too she has been on the warpath. Hell hath no greater fury than a woman scorned.

I watched video this morning of the state dinner and KC's speech. Had the Harkles stayed they'd have been included and she'd have gotten her tiara moments. But then I realized she'd never have been satisfied having to attend boring state dinners with random heads of state and visiting the young and old at hospitals and care centers. She craves the glitzy events - Vanity Fair Oscar parties, Met Gala invites, front row seats at Fashion Week, etc. I am convinced she had no intention all along of staying in England and used racism as her "get out of royal jail" card. But ever since TQ shot down their (her) half in, half out plan that would have let her have her cake and eat it too she has been on the warpath. Hell hath no greater fury than a woman scorned.
but she hasn't really gotten the red carpet moments, met gala etc.

I wonder if TW was able to get one of those brooches. It's a sweet nod to QE.

No she did not get the Order of Queen Elizabeth II. Kate didn't get hers until she had been around for a while.

All she wants is to walk the red carpet and have all eyes on her and then have pictures taken. That is it. No way she would have tolerated sitting at a State Dinner next to a person she didn't know.

The one think I have noted about Kate is her ability to be completely still. No fidgeting and complete placidity. She is always totally composed. That is very difficult unless you are brain dead and she certainly is not. I think that is one reason why you never see a bad picture of her. Meghan is sticking her tongue out, playing with her hair, grabbing on to Harry or someone and is just incapable of any stillness. Lucky for us because it provides us with plenty of bad and inane pictures!

Nahhh KC3 can’t give away a palace but he can gift Highgrove

Years ago, it was suggested that H pursue agricultural studies so he knew more about managing organic farming, not that idea stuck . I think Louis will be penciled in to get that place
but for the Harkles ? KC3 has a place in Romania
Let's not forget about Chunga Changa. I also have had an ice floe in the Arctic on reserve for him as well.

Last edited:
I just can't see how her gown was $265K. Was that one of her early scams? She paid Givenchy that amount and got a very large rebate?
I wonder if the cost of the gown was lumped in with the cost of the cathedral length veil - too long for the Windsor Chapel.
The veil was very expensive - 500 hours of skilled work.
Just read that QEII had the flowers of the commonwealth on her coronation dress, another idea used by MM but she added a California poppy to the veil