Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

You outed me ... LOL, my word influencer was badly chosen .. She influences nothing ... I was thinking of Michelle O but trying to stay out of politics - what would you call MO ? MM is not in the same class, but she strives to be MO?

I'd describe Michelle O as a former First Lady so she is a legitimate public figure in the U.S. who has hit the campaign trail for years and given probably a thousand speeches in small, medium and big cities all across the country, whether you agree with her or like her, or not. I don't think she is an influencer the way we usually think of influencers, as a person trying to convince others to buy something, whether it is fashion, technology, food, travel, though, at their core, I guess all politicians are influencers per se, trying to influence you to vote their way. I guess Michelle would also like you to buy her books and listen to her podcast if she is still doing one.

I think Meghan dreams of having an influence on public life and debate in America but she doesn't have the experience or resume for it. She's a former actress and the wife of Prince Harry. She'd last 5 minutes in a hard hitting interview or public town hall with real questions from real people. She sticks to the easy stuff: issuing statements and doing photo ops. So, I'd describe her as a celebrity, someone famous for who she married, and that pretty much sums her up.

Fun fact, the cover photo on the O magazine was always Oprah herself, with few exceptions. Every month. Over twenty years. That should tell you something about why she and MM gravitated toward each other. Birds of a feather.

I always wondered about that. I'd see O magazine in the stores and think, why is she on the cover again? How many covers are enough?

I'm really not looking forward to seeing her at the coronation. Please don't invite her, Charles! :woohoo: She will go around alternating between smirks and faux serious, and there will be an avalanche of pro-Zed pieces claiming she has a special bond to TQ and TK.
If he has to invite them, which he probably can't avoid, I hope there will be a ban on wearing tiaras. They should be limited to just Camilla and Catherine. You know TW is counting on her tiara photo op. He has already stated that his coronation will be much different than his mother's, so let's hope he means it.

I'd describe Michelle O as a former First Lady so she is a legitimate public figure in the U.S. who has hit the campaign trail for years and given probably a thousand speeches in small, medium and big cities all across the country, whether you agree with her or like her, or not. I don't think she is an influencer the way we usually think of influencers, as a person trying to convince others to buy something, whether it is fashion, technology, food, travel, though, at their core, I guess all politicians are influencers per se, trying to influence you to vote their way. I guess Michelle would also like you to buy her books and listen to her podcast if she is still doing one.

I think Meghan dreams of having an influence on public life and debate in America but she doesn't have the experience or resume for it. She's a former actress and the wife of Prince Harry. She'd last 5 minutes in a hard hitting interview or public town hall with real questions from real people. She sticks to the easy stuff: issuing statements and doing photo ops. So, I'd describe her as a celebrity, someone famous for who she married, and that pretty much sums her up.
But…but…she thinks she’s a famous actress and supermodel! In her own mind, maybe H is famous for having married her :biggrin:

She cannot think on her feet. That alone would make her a failure in politics. When something unexpected happens she is stumped. That is why she does everything she can to control her environment and stay on script.

I always wondered about that. I'd see O magazine in the stores and think, why is she on the cover again? How many covers are enough?
Oprah shared the cover with Michelle O and Ellen on separate occasions, but the only non-Oprah subject ever was Breonna Taylor, the Kentucky woman killed by a cop in her home. I hadn't made the connection before between Oprah/Ellen/MM, but I'm going to assume O introduced MM to Ellen. And as we know, the rest is history....
Movie Scene Dance GIF by Fandor

Is there no one who can explain to her and her ditsy friends what an archetype is?
Reading bit from Victoria Jackson interview - cosmetics giant ... producer cuts into the podcast to say the story may be disturbing for some

See para on page 15 "always feeling again ", chaotic family then 10 lines of a quote from VJ is about an attack she survived.
The story takes up 1/4 of a page in a 23 pg podcast. Blink and you will miss the story. The story raises more questions than it answers. Why was it included ??

The producers edited the heck out of this ??? Further proof that MM is trying to avoid all controversy by blanding out the podcast ?

If you google VJ you will find stuff on Victoria Jackson from SNL. The Wiki page fro the cosmetics entrepreneur is virtually empty - WEIRD

• Insightful
Reactions: CarryOn2020
If he has to invite them, which he probably can't avoid, I hope there will be a ban on wearing tiaras. They should be limited to just Camilla and Catherine. You know TW is counting on her tiara photo op. He has already stated that his coronation will be much different than his mother's, so let's hope he means it.
In all fairness, Princess Anne deserves to wear her tiara as much as the married-in ones. She has been a staunch supporter of both Charles and the late QEII carrying out her duties while taking a lot of verbal abuse for her appearance without ever complaining and as the daughter of a Queen, she is a true royal princess.