Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

It's understandable (for me) if black American people disregard and even disrespect the British RF, for their ancestors were enslaved with support of the monarchy, no?

I think this would require a long history lesson. The BRF have profited off millions of people, of all races, colors and nationalities.

And if Beyonce feels that the BRF has contributed or exploited black people, then why did she meet royalty (Prince Charles et al)? Why was there a blessing given for Harry to marry Meghan? Why did Meghan herself marry into a family that profited off the enslavement of millions (not just black people, literally all the races in the world were at some point exploited by the British I'm sure). The Queen has a huge diamond from India called the Kohinor diamond, which was taken from Indian soil (along with other expensive things) and to this day has not returned it, but you don't see me disrespecting the Queen or her heirs.

Honest question...when did most people here turn on them? For me it was her obnoxious stans and that interview she gave for ITV.

I knew from the beginning this most likely would be a Wallis/Ed repeat. A divorced, older, American woman from Hwood does not realize how different Royal life is from Hollywood life. Rita didn’t, Grace didn’t, Wallis didn’t [she wasn’t from Hwood tho]. A celebrity is not the same as royalty, not even close. Two completely different worlds, completely different world views, completely different rules. I gave a side-eye to all the hype. It seemed excessive, seemed fake. The engagement interview was so unconvincing, so false. It didn’t take long for the rumors to be proven true. Lots of red flags.

ETA: Due to lack of choice, I was a fan of the Suits show which is when I first saw her. The character was not likeable and seemed 1 dimensional. Then, she and Harry became involved which meant her Hallmark movies were replaying. They were awful. Again, 1 dimensional - get married, get rich.

Last edited:
I had to turn the TV off when the royal correspondent started talking about the flowers and card from her on the coffin
Whaaaat? Someone actually said that? The flowers on the coffin were from her? There will be people that believe that, unfortunately.
Unfortunate but true. Which is why I think she deliberately uttered all those falsehoods during the OW interview. Most people who view it then and in future are going to take it at face value and not wonder if she was lying.

"Meghan hasn’t had the same opportunity, but her friend and London-based journalist Omid Scobie said ‘her mind is very much on the situation over here’. Speaking to ABC, he said: ‘We know that she’s supporting Harry in this very difficult week for him, but she’ll also be sad because this is also the loss of a family member for her. ‘She grew very close to the Queen and Prince Philip over the recent years. It was probably her strongest relationship within the family and those relations then get smaller this week. It’ll be a sad day for her.’"
Makes her sound like she was with the BRF for ages and she didn't do a hit-n-run job.

I am confused... The flowers AND the letter were from QEII.
A note by Meghan on the coffin would be inappropriate and an act of lunacy.
Hear, hear!

I do believe in karma, and I really hope karma kicks the $hit out of that piece of trash H married. She's now claiming PP was her strongest relationship in the family? Go f**k yourself Meghan. And take Scumbag Scobie with you.
She is going to run out of adjectives soon if she is using them up on PP.

I give the marriage maybe five more years. She’ll either “trade up” or he’ll have reached his breaking point. The sad thing is when this happens he has already burned too many bridges behind him.
It will be trade-up. He doesn't have the cash inflow to keep her in the lifestyle to which she has become accustomed. Grovelling slaves don't come cheap.

What would be truly frightening is if MM hires Kris as her manager, because I will be the first to say that woman is a business mastermind and can sell ANYTHING.
MM would probably sell in the US, but she is too toxic to sell global. And if Kris were to market her, she would expect MM to follow the game plan, and we all know how good the Greatest Victim is about following orders. And should she backstab the Kardashians, they will bury her... Come to think of it, that's a splendid idea!

Honest question...when did most people here turn on them? For me it was her obnoxious stans and that interview she gave for ITV.
Sorry! It wasn't anything like that for me. I just had a visceral dislike of her from the start. I thought she came across very fake and she had the most godawful fashion sense. I couldn't understand why people were raving over her but, as DS pointed out to me, I wasn't the one marrying her. The only thing I googled her for was the claim that she was a philanthropist because I didn't believe it.

Sorry! It wasn't anything like that for me. I just had a visceral dislike of her from the start. I thought she came across very fake and she had the most godawful fashion sense. I couldn't understand why people were raving over her but, as DS pointed out to me, I wasn't the one marrying her. The only thing I googled her for was the claim that she was a philanthropist because I didn't believe it.

I'm not a fan of her fashion style either, and its ironic that she has a fashion stylist best friend. She does wear significantly more expensive clothes compared to Kate too, so maybe she thing more $$$ = more style which is not how it works.

I don’t even think the interview backfired. She got at least three weeks of uninterrupted positive press in the US and she didn’t pay a penny for it. In fact almost anyone who challenges the validity of her claims gets shut down in the media. It’s insane how many cheerleaders she has and for what? She smiles and makes politically correct statements. It shows how low we’ve sunk as a society that that’s all it takes to become a megacelebrity.

Yeah, you are right. She’s definitely striving on the overwhelming support she’s gaining from the states and even though she’s not as well received over in the UK media, there’s still loads of loyal supporters whom she swayed using all that race card/ victimising tactics which works out perfectly in her favour. How crazy that people and celebs are supporting/ defending her blindly and fearing of the effects of the cancel culture. “If you don’t support that means you are racist” mentality is pure madness leaving most without a voice.

Toxicity runs deep in the blood of a narcissist. Just when the RF are grieving over their loss, she expects to receive an apology so she can forgive them and “unite” as a family during this difficult time. (Oh, how magnanimous she is) :rolleyes::sick: Anyway, the RF doesn’t need her forgiveness for something she lied about.

Amazing how entitled, selfish, ridiculous and shameless she can be. Seems like she still hasn’t learn to settle private matters privately. Her desperate pathetic attention seeking self just need to release her “willingness to forgive” statement onto the news (through a “close friend”) during the death of PP to take on the stage is probably the most outrageous thing I’ve heard. Wonder what destructive move she’s gonna make next

And if Beyonce feels that the BRF has contributed or exploited black people, then why did she meet royalty (Prince Charles et al)?
That's the hipocrisy, isn't it? To act politically correct at times, and at other times to be exalting someone for their blackness for I doubt Beyonce will put up such pic if Harry's wife were white.

I give the marriage maybe five more years. She’ll either “trade up” or he’ll have reached his breaking point. The sad thing is when this happens he has already burned too many bridges behind him.

Oh I don’t believe she could trade up. How do you go higher than marrying a prince? A billionaire? Good luck finding one gullible enough not to see right through her. Most rich, famous men aren’t as simple or easy to manipulate as Harry.

She’s going to turn 40 this year and she’s obviously getting fillers and PS. She’s still beautiful but past her prime. I don’t doubt that she could snag herself another husband but she’s definitely not going to be trading up.

TOM BOWER on Harry's refusal to utter a public apology...

DELIBERATELY separated, the sight of Harry and William speaking to each other as they walked up the hill after the service has sparked speculation of a reconciliation.

Clearly nervous as he walked out of St George’s Chapel, flapping the order of service on his leg, Harry’s darting eyes suggested uncertainty.

To his good fortune, William and Kate did not isolate him despite the trashing he meted out on his family on US TV just six weeks ago.

Only the coming days will reveal whether Harry is prepared to show honest remorse.

Undoubtedly, the sight of the Queen’s suffering during an emotional service for their beloved grandfather will have drawn the brothers and Kate together in the minutes after a draining spectacle.

It was in the same chapel where Harry got married in 2018. Knowing they were being filmed, William and Kate rightly avoided appearing churlish towards Harry.

Cynics may call it stage management. The evidence suggests that after a year’s separation, Harry’s anger towards his family has not evaporated.

The funeral is unlikely to have cured his antagonism.

Inevitably, during the service the TV cameras were directed to ration the shots of the two brothers.

Viewers were denied the chance to judge whether the splendour of British tradition had aroused any emotional conflicts within Harry.

Realists will judge that his refusal so far to utter any public apology cannot be disguised by a short walk up the hill.

Like all fallouts, the origins of Harry’s anger with William are richly disputed.

Disappointed royalists are puzzled why the brothers’ close embrace in the wake of their mother Princess Diana’s death has been wrecked.

LOVE TURNED INTO POISON

Why has their mutual love turned into poison?

Inevitably, many heap the blame on to Meghan.

But in truth, there were fractures between Harry and William that started more than 20 years ago.

Although united by the torture of the exposure of their parents’ serial adultery, their volatile childhood was complicated by their different destinies.

Identified as the future monarch, William was sometimes invited alone for Sunday lunch with the Queen in Windsor.

Walking across the Thames from Eton, the schoolboy was introduced by his grandmother to the secrets and magic of the world’s most enduring monarchy.

Could Meghan, William asked, cope with the unnegotiable demands of royalty?

Could Harry really be certain that the woke actress, who blessed the sun-kissed Pacific beaches, would happily enjoy rainy London?

Would the outspoken “progressive” American campaigner understand that after the marriage she was duty-bound to become neutral and serve the Queen?

Harry resented William’s doubts. Just weeks after the wedding, his undiluted grudge against his brother was reignited by Meghan’s anger with William and Kate.

By November 2018, only six months after their wedding, Harry and Meghan resented being seen as minor royals while William and Kate were glorified.

Many sympathised with Harry’s anger. The telltale signs were William and Kate not visiting Frogmore to see Archie until eight days after his birth.

After that the relations went downhill.

Simultaneously, the UK public’s love for the couple began to fray.

As a protective husband, Harry was outraged as stories emerged of Meghan making Kate cry, about the American’s staff resigning because of her alleged bullying.

BITTER BATTLE

There were also stories of how the climate change campaigner jetted in private planes to parties across the world.

Harry and Meghan believed William and Kate shared the public criticism.

Like the media, William was puzzled by Harry and Meghan’s demand for privacy and then participating in publicised self-promoting features in glossy magazines.

There was also engagement in a bitter battle with her US family.

Provocatively, Meghan and Harry accused their critics of being racist.

If the criticism did not stop, predicted ITV journalist Tom Bradby in 2019, the couple’s fast-developing relationship with Oprah Winfrey would lead to an explosive interview on the US CBS network.
The curtain-raiser was Harry’s stunning revelation in a TV interview with Bradby in October 2019.

“We are certainly on different paths,” he said about William.

That lit the fuse to their exit to California. Angry by then with both William and Prince Charles, they plotted their TV interview with Oprah.

Effortlessly trashing the Royal Family, Meghan’s list of complaints has been by now widely ridiculed.

DEEPLY WOUNDING
Her claims about the date of their marriage and Archie being denied appointment as a prince at birth have been exposed as fabrications.

Her accusation that the royals are racist and that Kate made her cry have proved deeply wounding.

Yet at the same time they were as heartfelt as Harry’s denunciation of Charles and his description of William being “trapped”.

Reconciliation is only possible if the Sussexes apologise.

Despite yesterday’s deeply moving funeral was the chat on the walk up the hill the first step towards a ceasefire or has Harry dug in his heels?

He did not seem to eagerly reunite with his family in Windsor.

The unanswered question is on what conditions will he return in July to stand with William to unveil Diana’s memorial in Kensington Palace.

Will he seek reconciliation with his family or will the ceremony prove that he has permanently burnt his bridges?

:

This is so true and they've only been married for 4 years. I'm sure she thought her first marriage was a fairytale too, yet that ended quickly even though she had been dating the guy for 6 years before getting married. I think she thinks, it is a fairytale because Harry is a prince, which makes her a princess (aka little mermaid), therefore making it a 'fairytale'.

Believe it or not they haven’t even been married for three years yet. Their third anniversary is next month. It just seems longer. :lol: