Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Other topics are more of a reach . They do not maybe have established credibility on internet bullying (esp after claims MM was herself a bully in the UK). Mental health - hmmmm - did the Oprah interview help to establish their street cred, or diminish it? Home videos (from the UK) - ooooohhh - controversial

So, yeah they need to score a home run on Invictus to help them bootstrap themselves into pushing other agendas.
Oh I think they have plenty of experience with internet bullying
Look how they let the Sussex Squad run amok. That gives them plenty of credibility in their chosen circle

The invictus foundation seems to be behind the move

To be skeptical, they are a royal charity with a possibly no longer royal patron who is making himself unpopular in their home country.
They are coming out of a crisis and probably need more money than ever to keep going.

I feel like any publicity is good publicity for them.
Especially if the alternative is any existing footage rotting on a hard drive somewhere.

For the ones that like a good bargain, MM&H are on sale! :graucho:

"The limited-edition royal wedding figure of Prince Harry and Ms Meghan Markle commemorates this historic marriage in May 2018.

Modelled by renowned figure sculptor, Neil Welch, the piece celebrates a captivating moment as the happy couple leave Windsor Chapel holding hands.

Royal Doulton was selling the limited edition figurines commemorating the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's wedding for £199. But the ceramics maker is now trying to offload them for a reduced price of £146.25.
"

View attachment 5047779

Royal Doulton are clearly being shady here!
One of their biggest lines is pretty lady figurines - it must be entirely purposeful that the MM model looks like Mr Bean in a wig. ;)

Don't usually agree with BillyB, but he is correct on this, IMO. Enough of the culture that cancels people who disagree. You get to be you and I get to be me. You’re ok, I’m ok [an excellent book]. We all do not need to believe the same thing. It should be ok, even applauded, for having differing opinions. As long as everyone is civil and respectful, even the ‘best’ families have differing opinions - that’s what makes the holidays so much fun :biggrin:

Royal Doulton are clearly being shady here!
One of their biggest lines is pretty lady figurines - it must be entirely purposeful that the MM model looks like Mr Bean in a wig. ;)
IMO she looks fine. It is Harry that RD took liberties on — they cleaned up his scruffy hair.
The wax museum made them both look freakish.

ETA: Look what RD did to Diana - ewww
C18C63C3-A0F0-4CE3-BD28-35FFE0A8E5D4.jpeg

Last edited:
IMO she looks fine. It is Harry that RD took liberties on — they cleaned up his scruffy hair.
The wax museum made them both look freakish.

ETA: Look what RD did to Diana - ewww
View attachment 5047932
Ok this makes me think r doulton are either secret anti-monarchists or trolls. Party on royal doulton. :lol:

I don’t know, I think they are really good likenesses. Tussaud’s got the thousand yard stares and the empty almost rictus smiles. :graucho:

Don't usually agree with BillyB, but he is correct on this, IMO. Enough of the culture that cancels people who disagree. You get to be you and I get to be me. You’re ok, I’m ok [an excellent book]. We all do not need to believe the same thing. It should be ok, even applauded, for having differing opinions. As long as everyone is civil and respectful, even the ‘best’ families have differing opinions - that’s what makes the holidays so much fun :biggrin:
I am ok, you are ok but please move on with the time.
Cancel culture is there for a reason remember Casel?
It is not ok to call human beings monkeys.
Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose.

I am ok, you are ok but please move on with the time.
Cancel culture is there for a reason remember Casel?
It is not ok to call human beings monkeys.
Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose.
You don’t punish millions of people for the acts of the ignorant. You go after those people. We do that in the military, one messes up in basic training, you punish the whole squad or platoon. It works for the military it provides cohesiveness plus they’re a life of its own but to punish the entire US population then no.

Fire the torpedos full speed ahead and be damned who gets in the way. Too many collateral damage culturally and FA.

Hmmm. It just seems odd to me that MM has been silent about the Carlson Tucker interview. No lawsuits. No display of indignation. No tears or tantrums. In other words, none of the usual.
Not too quick, not too quick! Most likely she’s called the Fox News CEO demanding —- anything. you know, they deal with Things on personal level and the Netflix + Invictus news is on so she has to prioritize their press exposure. But it’s on th works.

Ok this makes me think r doulton are either secret anti-monarchists or trolls. Party on royal doulton. :lol:

I don’t know, I think they are really good likenesses. Tussaud’s got the thousand yard stares and the empty almost rictus smiles. :graucho:
I think the wax museum should have pretended they were candles and melted them...............

Poor Rowen Atkinson deserves better. MM as "Mr. Bean in a wig" is a hoot!

Maybe those asked on April 1 thought it was an April Fool’s joke?

Somehow, it seems that maybe, just maybe, April Fools’ Day might not be the best time to ask for truthful (and unverifiable) responses to a survey on a less-than-critical topic...

I think the wax museum should have pretended they were candles and melted them...............

Like candles in the wind, even. Megsy could be even more like Diana! :yahoo:

Last edited: