Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Uhm, Diana got more than 20 millions in her divorce settlement, got to keep most of her jewelry (even the pieces on loan; the Queen asked only back for the Lover's Knot Tiara), her three-story Kensington palace apartment, her security and access to the private jets of the BRF for travel as well as her office being funded by the firm. Not too shabby I'd say. The biggest blow was losing the HRH status because that effectively meant she had to curtsy to everyone else in the BRF, even her own sons. I find it interesting that apparently the Queen wanted to let her have it but Charles - you know, the guy who cheated on her from like day 1 - insisted it was removed from her. You'd think he'd have felt enough remorse to not be a total jerk about things, hu?

I think, but could be wrong, Harry’s funds/palaces/cars/jewels?/etc. are all protected.
Whatever was the BRF’s, it will stay the BRF’s. Remember Diana and Sarah got very little in their divorces. Anyone after money is better off marrying a wealthy guy, not a Royal.
As QueenofWrapDress said above -- Diana made a fortune from her divorce. Sarah, on the other hand, only got a few million, which she spent lavishly and got herself into debt, but that's another story.

As QueenofWrapDress said above -- Diana made a fortune from her divorce. Sarah, on the other hand, only got a few million, which she spent lavishly and got herself into debt, but that's another story.

Diana started the marriage with a fortune, her own inheritance. Sure, the divorce sounds like a lot, but she was never truly ‘free’ of her first husband and his drama. It was always going to be his palace apartment, his jewels, his stuff. His presence was always going to loom over her. Could she have really left? Sarah still has to live in a wing of Andrew’s palace. Sure, she says it‘s all ‘happy times’ but I wonder. No way would I want my ex lurking about, even if ‘super friendly’. For a non-Royal, the Royal path to riches is fraught with peril. Just my 2 cents.

Sure, the divorce sounds like a lot, but she was never truly ‘free’ of her first husband and his drama. It was always going to be his palace apartment, his jewels, his stuff. His presence was always going to loom over her. Could she have really left? Sarah still has to live in a wing of Andrew’s palace. Sure, she says it‘s all ‘happy times’ but I wonder. No way would I want my ex lurking about, even if ‘super friendly’. For a non-Royal, the Royal path to riches is fraught with peril. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, but you didn't say the money came with strings, you said she made peanuts from the divorce. Also her brother being worth 100 millions says really nothing about Diana's inheritance as the lion's share of their father's property would have gone to his heir (but also, wasn't he still alive at the time of her wedding).

Last edited:
Uhm, Diana got more than 20 millions in her divorce settlement, got to keep most of her jewelry (even the pieces on loan; the Queen asked only back for the Lover's Knot Tiara), her three-story Kensington palace apartment, her security and access to the private jets of the BRF for travel as well as her office being funded by the firm. Not too shabby I'd say. The biggest blow was losing the HRH status because that effectively meant she had to curtsy to everyone else in the BRF, even her own sons. I find it interesting that apparently the Queen wanted to let her have it but Charles - you know, the guy who cheated on her from like day 1 - insisted it was removed from her. You'd think he'd have felt enough remorse to not be a total jerk about things, hu?

The jewelry Diana kept was her personal collection everything that belonged to the BRF went back to them. It is why you can see Kate borrow pieces that she wore but still belong and as currently in the possession of the Queen.

Sarah only got a few millions, I'm starting to feel sorry for her.:cray: Seriously, I never understood how she got herself into debt. It looks like she received a lump sum settlement of £3 million, and a 'pension' of £15,000/ year after the divorce. With Randy Andy's contacts, I believe she could have easily gotten a job.

Like Fergie, MM married a spare. This is probably why the 16-toilet mansion is already in her name. She may have understood that divorce settlements are not big for the wives of spares. £3 million would barely cover one year budget...

Wiki on Fergie

Last edited:
I think, but could be wrong, Harry’s funds/palaces/cars/jewels?/etc. are all protected.
Whatever was the BRF’s, it will stay the BRF’s.
I think in terms of California community property laws, you are right. It’s assets acquired after the marriage that are shared. It can be more complicated if you don‘t draw a clear line financially between before and after the marriage.
I learned that the hard way.

I don't know what the hell "PureWow" is but they sure do adore H&M. While we are here wondering why Harry has been looking so bad, they are gushing about how much better H&M look since moving to California. :hrmm: Personally, I thought Meghan looked more like Joanna Gaines than herself in the poetry video appearance.

Why Do Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Look Different in Latest Appearance? We Have Answers
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle just made a rare virtual appearance, and fans can’t seem to get over how “genuinely happy” they look for a change.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex recently surprised a group of students representing Get Lit, a poetry organization that aims to increase literacy among children. The company shared a screenshot from the event on its official Instagram account, which prompted royal aficionados to flood the comments section with words of support for the couple (who look happier than ever).

One person wrote, “I don’t know if it’s the California effect…but Harry and Meghan look so good and glowing every time they show up.” Another added, “Meghan looks genuinely happy and Harry looks relaxed and unstressed. So good to see!” Others put it simply, writing, “They are glowing. Both looking amazing and happy.”

We can’t deny that we agree with the comments. Not only are Prince Harry and Markle contagiously happy, but they’re also starting to look like a normal couple. (Based on what they went through with their resignation as senior royals, that’s saying a lot.)

Still having way too much fun with my new hobby. When asked why Meghan didn't just find someone whose lifestyle aligned with what she wanted instead of marrying and completely uprooting Harry:

"Because that was the best game in town and she needed a plate for all it's worth. Had she had a choice between Jeff Bezos and Harry Wales, I can tell you something: Lauren Sanchez wouldn't be anywhere near Jeff Bezos today."

Sarah only got a few millions, I'm starting to feel sorry for her.:cray:

Seriously :biggrin: I'll take their crumbs and live happily ever after.

Seriously, I never understood how she got herself into debt. It looks like she received a lump sum settlement of £3 million, and a 'pension' of £15,000/ year after the divorce.

Plus didn't she keep the girls? There must have been child support, and probably more than a measly 15000 pounds a year (that said, that sum sounds completely...wrong to begin with).

Last edited:
Sarah only got a few millions, I'm starting to feel sorry for her.:cray: Seriously, I never understood how she got herself into debt. It looks like she received a lump sum settlement of £3 million, and a 'pension' of £15,000/ year after the divorce.

Wiki on Fergie
A £15K a year? I am sorry but that's probably a lie (wiki page says she said she got £15k a year, we have no way of verifying that). One cannot live on £15k a year. £15k a month more like it.

Sarah lived beyond her means on many levels. She liked to travel and the places she went to were always 5*. We may not like her taste in clothing, but there again, it was all expensive and she had many social events to attend. When these ladies wear a hat, you are looking at 2-3K Philip Treacy custom made creations. It all adds up. Plus I am sure that she wanted a nice home with a good address. Diana saved a lot of money by being allowed to live at KP. She also did it so that Harry and Will would have a home there. Aside from living costs, I think that Sarah was also investing unwisely.

Plus didn't she keep the girls? There must have been child support, and probably more than a measly 15000 pounds a year (that said, that sum sounds completely...wrong to begin with).
True, but no matter what she got in child support, Andy probably paid for clothes, schooling, travels, whatever princesses need or want.

Not having to worry about rent or her children's expenses, she really could have lived comfortably.