Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

that veil.....that kind of veil over the face is for first time brides (or back in the day, virgins)....not a third-time bride of age 37....just my never to be humble opinion
You and the Queen! Me too lol! It was too much and I think the expressions on the faces of the family were part of this. They had no idea she was going to do this. This was really giving them all the bird.

Seems to me respect is a two-way street. MM did not show respect to the royals, so why would she expect it in return?
The veil incident is proof, along with the lack of hat when she was with QE, ad nauseam. Since she knew this was a short term gig, why bother to form relationships? Interestingly enough, we know she merged well with Cory’s mom and Trevor’s family. Hmmm, methinks she had an agenda from day 1.

You and the Queen! Me too lol! It was too much and I think the expressions on the faces of the family were part of this. They had no idea she was going to do this. This was really giving them all the bird.

If you look at footage of both Wales sons weddings, there is such a difference...Wills and Kate, everyone smiling and obviously happy. Harry and Meghanella, very somber atmosphere where some family members looked downright grumpy. I wonder why???

Could be:
— they knew it was a sham
— the expense and demands were beyond acceptable
— the lone Doria just made everyone feel awkward
— Charles walking her down the aisle, while touching, also awkward [he wanted H to be a girl]

With these 2, lots of toes were stepped on, lots of feathers ruffled unnecessarily, lots of awkwardness which is most definitely not royal

If you look at footage of both Wales sons weddings, there is such a difference...Wills and Kate, everyone smiling and obviously happy. Harry and Meghanella, very somber atmosphere where some family members looked downright grumpy. I wonder why???

I thought some of them were snickering. They certainly were rolling their eyeballs during the sermon, which was really pretty rude. Zara was heavily pregnant at the time and she later said all she could think about was needing to have a pee! The Queen had a thunderous expression on her face when she saw the veil. The agreed thing was no veil and someone decided otherwise.

Seems to me respect is a two-way street. MM did not show respect to the royals, so why would she expect it in return?
The veil incident is proof, along with the lack of hat when she was with QE, ad nauseam. Since she knew this was a short term gig, why bother to form relationships? Interestingly enough, we know she merged well with Cory’s mom and Trevor’s family. Hmmm, methinks she had an agenda from day 1.
If you want an Italian guy to love you, better be nice to his mother! Right @CeeJay?

Add in the odd-looking OS and all the Hwood celebs.
Makes me uncomfortable even now.
At the time, all the Hollywood types didn't really hit me as an oddity. It was only later when people were discussing the lack of family and that she didn't know the people she did invite. What did she tell Harry? That she knew the Clooneys? Amal and George took this invite and showboated it to death.

To put things in perspective in these troubling times and with MM and JCMH a d their entitlement where a little discretion and humbleness should be observed because so many people are homeless, hungry and without, we just happened to drop off stuff at Goodwill people were rummaging thru the items, and one guy grabbed a great condition three stuffed animal my husband put down and his eyes lit up and said he was getting it for his daughter for her birthday and the wife grabbed some nice clothes and a beautiful dress I was getting rid of for her other daughter. Makes me want to give up more items and I will do that.

I cried. They are existing and thriving despite their circumstances.

My point is no one should be made guilty of what they can afford but to lecture people while they sit in their high castles to the people living in sand castles is not human, it’s wicked and despicable, MM and JCMH.

Today’s posts show how out-of-touch, tone-deaf, selfish H&M have been from Day 1. It began prior to the wedding and continues to this day. It has become so tiresome and irritating.

Excellent post, Lodpah. :heart:
Meaningful actions are the only through this current mess. We all need to help each other. Thank you.

To put things in perspective in these troubling times and with MM and JCMH a d their entitlement where a little discretion and humbleness should be observed because so many people are homeless, hungry and without, we just happened to drop off stuff at Goodwill people were rummaging thru the items, and one guy grabbed a great condition three stuffed animal my husband put down and his eyes lit up and said he was getting it for his daughter for her birthday and the wife grabbed some nice clothes and a beautiful dress I was getting rid of for her other daughter. Makes me want to give up more items and I will do that.

I cried. They are existing and thriving despite their circumstances.

My point is no one should be made guilty of what they can afford but to lecture people while they sit in their high castles to the people living in sand castles is not human, it’s wicked and despicable, MM and JCMH.

My gosh 2342 pages of H&M gossip while the salacious Andrew has to share his gossip thread with Epstewin, and there are only like 80 pages there
How we manage to go on and on about H&M while ignoring Andrew ?

IMHO it is because there is radio silence about Andrew

Whereas there is a story a day about H&M. Today we had the video of them at school supply event in LA - the H&M PR machine made sure we knew about that. NOW WE KNOW THAT h&m TOOK NOT ONLY A PHOTOGRAPHER BUT ALSO A VIDEOGRAPHER
We have discussed the Omid book for eons, but the H&M team were not even silent on that - we were not interviewed, we did not have cross words with granny
There is the kerfuffle about the 5 friends and the lawsuit , drip, drip, drip, M could make that story go away if she dropped her suit
Shucks its is a shame that real estate is so widely to all, H&M did not broadcast about the 18 baths although surely the inches of columns devoted to the loos must have grated. So, to divert us from loogate, we now unprecedented details on the ginormous flat that Will has at Kensington. No proof that H&M leaked that, but the story went on and on about the size .... the article smacked of two petty kids irate that Will's loos have not been better covered. Will has an EXERCISE room !

There is an endless drip, drip, drip about H&M - no radio silence there, and actually there is pretty solid evidence that they fanned the flames by leaking their own stuff and helping Omid.

I sad it before that Doria's silence is golden , ... a lot of the 2342 pages of gossip would have not have happened if someone else had taken a hint

Being outspoken is a double edged sword

Last edited:
Meaningful actions are the only through this current mess. We all need to help each other.

As many of you know because I couldn't stop talking about it for a while my special needs cat died an unreal 7 weeks ago. I had just bought him a new supply of medication (in fact I bought TWO boxes as I was so certain he'd recover and use it up and thought I was being resourceful / environmentally friendly with shipping. I even bought him a new bed that we had for only five days before he died - and at this point he only wanted to be held anyway, so he probably used it for 25 mins total - but that one I gave to my brother's dog as she loves it) as well as a new batch of a very expensive medical food. So finally on Friday I called his vet and asked if they could use the items and they said they'd happily accept them as they do have pet owners who can hardly afford the vet bill and just cannot pay for the specialized food (which he ate exclusively, but it's usually used to boost underweight pets or nurse them back to health after surgery, so the 30 tins will probably help several pets). I don't think I can make myself go in just yet but I will have someone drop it off and feel a bit comforted knowing some other pet will have that little bit of extra care.

But Lodpah now inspired me to go through my closet as well. I dropped a lot of weight since February, and I know I'm too lazy to try to sell bunches of barely worn stuff, so I'll see if I can donate a good chunk to a woman's shelter or some community project.