Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Many women complain how their significant other choose their families over them, and if he has chosen his wife over them then I applaud it. The many that say Meghan didn’t give it enough time to transition aren’t giving them as a couple time to transition. Maybe it will take time for Harry to adjust and for them to get on their feet to be solely independent. Most of us didn’t leave our parents houses’ and become independent overnight. This is very similar.

No, she didn't give it time, I agree. And yes, it will take Harry time too, absolutely.
The problem is, OK he's chosen his wife over family, and yes many people do but, they do go off and live independently with no financial ties at all to their family. These two do. They want it all by the looks of things, financial independence with the help of Pa. Oh, and in January we may or may not rejoin the family.
The way they went about it is a kick in the teeth to his father, grandmother, his brother, his wider family and of course the taxpaying public, of which I am one, who contributed to paying for it all!!

Last edited:
My whole point was they both deserve the blame and that Meghan should not get the brunt of the blame for the actions of a grown man and yet while some claim they blame both many jumped down my throat for saying this and came up with a million reasons to say that she was the blame. If they believed both were fully responsible they wouldn’t have become upset at what I said.

Many women complain how their significant other choose their families over them, and if he has chosen his wife over them then I applaud it. The many that say Meghan didn’t give it enough time to transition aren’t giving them as a couple time to transition. Maybe it will take time for Harry to adjust and for them to get on their feet to be solely independent. Most of us didn’t leave our parents houses’ and become independent overnight. This is very similar.

The complaint about Meghan using PR and running to media is laughable like the royals don’t have their own pr and media they run stories through. No one is innocent in this.
Agree 100%.
He did not choose his wife over his family. If he truly felt this way, he would have renounced all his titles and any financial help he continues to receive, imo.
My personal opinion is that, he won’t last in the US. He has proven to be a bit challenged scholastically, so it is very doubtful that one of the Euro banks will hire him for window dressing. His reputation is too damaged at this point, imo.
I don’t envy them at all.
The best case scenario for them would be Able to spend time in both countries.

Apparently, a new unauthorized book by some Lady Caroline came out.
They can always read about themselves and laugh it off.

At this point it's beyond embarrassing for these two (almost) middle aged adults to continue to receive hand-outs after declaring their "financial independence" and new found "freedom".[/QUOTE

It’s called pride, or in this case lack thereof. You have it, they don’t. They’re the people sleeping on a friend’s sofa and accepting gas money while they look for a job.

*Not sure what happened here!

Last edited:
Reactions: CarryOn2020
Thanks to the shameless Vanity Fair we now know that everything that happened was a conspiracy against Meghan. There are so many people working to make her appear to be a victim. There is zero evidence provided in the article of course but if they repeat it over and over they hope it will be believed.:rolleyes:

“She Was Convinced There Was a Conspiracy Against Her”: Why Meghan Markle Fled the United Kingdom

When Meghan Markle and Prince Harry made the move from Canada to Los Angeles in mid-March, a few weeks after their royal farewell tour in the U.K., it came as a surprise to the public. But according to a new report in the Sunday Times Magazine, the couple’s friends had been aware of their desire to make it back to Meghan’s hometown for a long time. Canada was “never the forever home,” a friend said to Katie Nicholl (who is also a correspondent for Vanity Fair). “The big plan, for Meghan at least, was always L.A.”

One source told Nicholl that Harry and Meghan started looking for a house in California shortly after their wedding, and that she always wanted to spend a significant amount of time in her home country. But it wasn’t until March 14 of this year that they made it official, leaving Vancouver Island in a top secret operation aboard actor Tyler Perry’s private jet.

The couple did take advantage of the relative privacy while they had it. Soon after arriving in L.A., Meghan reportedly took Harry for a drive around her old neighborhood, past the house where she was raised and the preschool she once attended. “The streets were empty,” a friend told the Times. “It would be two days before the paparazzi found out where they were and what they were doing so they got to see the city in a way they wouldn’t ordinarily be able to. They loved being able to drive themselves around. It was very freeing for them but probably won’t happen again.”

Other than a few video calls and public announcements, the couple has kept mum about their future plans as they stay in Perry’s Beverly Hills mansion. Sources close to the couple told the Sunday Times Magazine the pair say they are hunting for a new house that will enable them to stay “away from the Hollywood fray” and give Archie Mountbatten-Windsor a “normal life.” The sources also added Harry and Meghan are also busy working on plans for their new charity foundation Archewell, adding that Meghan has no plans to return to acting, nor is she working on a series of children’s books

While he is enjoying the California sunshine, some friends have said Harry is homesick. “It’s not been easy for Harry,” one of his friends told the Times. “He had a much more established life in England and he doesn’t really know anyone in LA. I imagine he might be feeling a bit of what [Meghan] felt over in the UK—lonely and directionless.”

Now, the roles have been reversed. Meghan is happy to be back in L.A. near her mother, Doria Ragland, and many of her close friends nearby, while Harry is finding the adjustment a challenge. However, he is reportedly excited about launching Archewell and starting afresh once lockdown has been lifted.

Friends have also spoken about why the couple made the dramatic decision to stand down from the Royal Family and leave England and how Meghan felt cut off and isolated living in Windsor. “She was convinced there was a conspiracy against her and so she basically put herself in self isolation when they moved to Frogmore,” said one. “I think she felt like an outsider from the start. This wasn’t the life she was used to and she wanted out.”

Meghan, a Los Angeles native, once wrote about being a California girl “who lives by the ethos that most things can be cured with either yoga, the beach or a few avocados.” Friends says she missed her mother and her hometown terribly while she was living in the U.K. Though she was committed to making Windsor her home, she continued to feel isolated when the couple moved into Frogmore Cottage, shortly before Archie’s birth. Though Frogmore is close to Windsor Castle, the queen’s weekend home, it is in a very rural area, and Meghan felt cut off with no friends nearby.
https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/05/why-meghan-harry-fled-the-united-kingdom/amp

OMG, she really must be trying to convince JCMH she is his mother.

I am unfamiliar with U.S. tax law. Are you saying they would need to pay tax on the money they received for their upkeep, including security?

Their tax situation will be complex. Meghan, because she is a U.S. citizen still, has always had to file and pay in the U.S. on her worldwide income. For Harry . . . If you have a green card, all of your worldwide income must be reported to the IRS and, I assume, the state of California. So, both the U.S. Government plus the state of California will want a share of any of their earnings, (though you may exclude up to the first $107,600 from being taxed, a fairly minor amount to someone like Harry). Also, any other of the 50 states that they work in . . . like Harry giving a speech down in Florida . . . will want a state tax return filed there too and will want to tax the income earned in that specific state. (Florida, of course, has no state income tax so he won't have any issues with that fee for the speech he gave a few months ago.)

Without doing a lot of research, I'm not sure how the IRS would view the income that Charles passes on to Harry. Gift or pass through of British source income? If the money from Charles is considered a gift, well, gift taxes only apply to the person making the gift and not the person receiving it. Foreign citizens generally don't have liability for U.S. gift tax. Off the top of my head, at the heart of the matter, it sure seems to be British source income so it may need to be reported and would be subjected to tax but I haven't researched it and it's not my area of expertise. It will depend on how it is structured by Charles and their advisors. They've probably taken steps to insure that it is considered a gift to Harry.

I am unfamiliar with U.S. tax law. Are you saying they would need to pay tax on the money they received for their upkeep, including security?

I'm not a tax expert by any means but I believe the support payments from Charles would not be taxable. Any money they earn in the US would be taxed. The supposed $1 million payment from JP Morgan for example.