Primary Rhinoplasty Journeyto fix bulbous nose with me, D-1 in Seoul DA hospital !!!

iestprmy

Sep 26, 2023
Today is my Day three I arrived Korea. Yesterday , I finally confirmed my rhinoplasty surgery at DA Plastic Surgery Hospital, scheduled surgery for tomorrow at 11 am. The mix of excitement and nervousness is palpable considering I've been planning and anticipating this journey for a year. Throughout my preparations, Google, YouTube, purseforum and the Gangnam Unnie platform provided invaluable tips and detailed reviews, making the decision-making process easier. I can't believe I am now writing my own journey to share with you guys.

After scouring reviews and before-and-after photos of the clinic's website, I was drawn to the style of nose shapes in DA's outcomes the most. I found this lady’s photo attached below on their web and her nose is quite similar to mine. I like how the tip is natural and not to pointy on tip and nostrils size and its location.

The nose I aimed for!
refer1 (2).pngrefer1 (3).pngrefer1 (1).png

This is my nose photo taken during the consultation yesterday!
mynose (2).pngmynose (1).png
I put in an inquiry right away to know the doctor who did this nose and the online consultant said it was performed by Dr. Nam. That's how I settled on the doctor and the clinic for my consultation.
Originally, I had planned to tour different clinics for the first two days but here I am ready for surgery tomorrow. The online consultation outlined an Open Rhinoplasty to address my Bulbous Nose using cartilage with an estimated cost of around 4000-4500 $. The clinic suggested a stay of 10-14 days but for peace of mind I opted for a 17-day stay.

The consultation took around 2 hours from the CT scan to seeing the doctor. Dr. Nam recommended a nose bridge implant , bulbous nose correction using donated rib and ear cartilage, and nostril reduction. Considering my skin thickness, he emphasized the need to raise the tips and also reduce the nostrils with the nostril wings to be tied up. Following the consultation, the payment process and medical tests were conducted. I was told to remove all my nails and toe polish which I got recently. Today I am going to a salon to remove my nails and will try some korean street food at Myendong. I would love to know if there are some must go, must eat things in Korea as a visitor.
I am very excited for tomorrow. Is there anyting I should buy in advance and keep at my place. May I be able to eat regular food after surgery ?
I appreciate your help and suggestions!

Reactions: poodiddy3
Today is my Day three I arrived Korea. Yesterday , I finally confirmed my rhinoplasty surgery at DA Plastic Surgery Hospital, scheduled surgery for tomorrow at 11 am. The mix of excitement and nervousness is palpable considering I've been planning and anticipating this journey for a year. Throughout my preparations, Google, YouTube, purseforum and the Gangnam Unnie platform provided invaluable tips and detailed reviews, making the decision-making process easier. I can't believe I am now writing my own journey to share with you guys.

After scouring reviews and before-and-after photos of the clinic's website, I was drawn to the style of nose shapes in DA's outcomes the most. I found this lady’s photo attached below on their web and her nose is quite similar to mine. I like how the tip is natural and not to pointy on tip and nostrils size and its location.

The nose I aimed for!
View attachment 5915110View attachment 5915111View attachment 5915113

This is my nose photo taken during the consultation yesterday!
View attachment 5915125View attachment 5915126
I put in an inquiry right away to know the doctor who did this nose and the online consultant said it was performed by Dr. Nam. That's how I settled on the doctor and the clinic for my consultation.
Originally, I had planned to tour different clinics for the first two days but here I am ready for surgery tomorrow. The online consultation outlined an Open Rhinoplasty to address my Bulbous Nose using cartilage with an estimated cost of around 4000-4500 $. The clinic suggested a stay of 10-14 days but for peace of mind I opted for a 17-day stay.

The consultation took around 2 hours from the CT scan to seeing the doctor. Dr. Nam recommended a nose bridge implant , bulbous nose correction using donated rib and ear cartilage, and nostril reduction. Considering my skin thickness, he emphasized the need to raise the tips and also reduce the nostrils with the nostril wings to be tied up. Following the consultation, the payment process and medical tests were conducted. I was told to remove all my nails and toe polish which I got recently. Today I am going to a salon to remove my nails and will try some korean street food at Myendong. I would love to know if there are some must go, must eat things in Korea as a visitor.
I am very excited for tomorrow. Is there anyting I should buy in advance and keep at my place. May I be able to eat regular food after surgery ?
I appreciate your help and suggestions!
Best of luck to you. I hope you get the nose you want! I have a similar nose shape to your pre-op nose and would love to follow up on your surgery afterwards. I am considering DA as well.

• Love
Reactions: iestprmy
Best of luck to you. I hope you get the nose you want! I have a similar nose shape to your pre-op nose and would love to follow up on your surgery afterwards. I am considering DA as well.
Thank you . oh really ? i think this type of my nose is very common to see and gives us mutual concern ... sigh !!. I also met a lady who came to consult at the clinic this morning , we were waiting for the elavator and she also has a similar nose like mine

Hii Guyss ,
I am alive and alright so far. Just got back to my place. I will continue to update today's memory before my face get swollen more.

mjr.jpegI arrived to the clinic this morning at 10 am. I accidentally took a sip of water at midnight. I called the clinic, and fortunately, a sip was forgiven as an oversight. To be safe, my surgery started an hour late. first, i Got to change surgery gown and wash my face. I had another consultation right before entering the surgery room and doc made marking on my nose. It was hard to hold my laugh lollll. An anesthesiologist checked my teeth and fasting and blah blah and I chatted with a translator until the last moment before going under sleep.It was very calm and easier than expected knowing someone is beside me to help with communication.
When I woke up, four hours had passed, and my friend, who came to pick me up, burst into laughter. My nose was fully blocked with cotton and gauze, and my throat was sore.
mjr (6).jpeg

All I could think of was drinking water as soon as possible. The clinic provided a discharge bag with drinks and a cold pack, along with a 7-day supply of medicine. Although water wasn't allowed immediately, I could drink it an hour later and eat after two hours. Surprisingly, I feel completely fine with no pain in my nose yet. The nurse said I will have maximum swwelling in 48 hours. My next follow up will be two days later. I will update more. Thatsall for today.

mjr (10).jpeg
I got the cotton inside the nostrils removed on day 2 after surgery, yesterday. Doctor Nam checked my nose and he put some injections on my nose for Anti swelling and inflammation. and I had some laser lightening care and oxygen thing that claimed helping blood circulation. i cannot breathe 100% yet eventhough the cotton is out , doctor said my nose inside is still swellingand there are blood clots ,it needs time to have the opened airway. I also got a shampoo session too.

mjr (3).jpeg
this is the laser treatment thing i had at the clinic. The translator helped to take a side profile for me. She is the best best sweetest girl. She also recommended some deswelling juice and supplement at the pharmacy. I guess those helped alot , I can see the side profile is already what I asked for. I cant wait to wear makeup

my next follow up is on day 7, to remove the stitches.

View attachment 5917700
I got the cotton inside the nostrils removed on day 2 after surgery, yesterday. Doctor Nam checked my nose and he put some injections on my nose for Anti swelling and inflammation. and I had some laser lightening care and oxygen thing that claimed helping blood circulation. i cannot breathe 100% yet eventhough the cotton is out , doctor said my nose inside is still swellingand there are blood clots ,it needs time to have the opened airway. I also got a shampoo session too.

View attachment 5917701
this is the laser treatment thing i had at the clinic. The translator helped to take a side profile for me. She is the best best sweetest girl. She also recommended some deswelling juice and supplement at the pharmacy. I guess those helped alot , I can see the side profile is already what I asked for. I cant wait to wear makeup

my next follow up is on day 7, to remove the stitches.
Your side profile looks beautiful. Did you get the splint removed on your second day? What material did you use for the nose bridge?

• Love
Reactions: iestprmy
weeks (2).jpgweeks (1).jpg
In my week 3 after rhinoplasty , Just want to update my current nose healing process. Doctor said I still have lots of swelling on my nose tip and it will be slimmer and slightly lower in few months. I like the result right now already, I hope nose tip will not get very lower than now

View attachment 5926085View attachment 5926086
In my week 3 after rhinoplasty , Just want to update my current nose healing process. Doctor said I still have lots of swelling on my nose tip and it will be slimmer and slightly lower in few months. I like the result right now already, I hope nose tip will not get very lower than now
hi!! i’m getting my nose done at DA in the summer and rn i’m literally so anxious about the results bc of my bulbous nose— our pre-op noses are kinda similar so seeing this post made me sm more reassured and less scared! thank u so much for posting!! pls drop more updates/photos!!

• Love
Reactions: monblank