Pretreating Chalk Leather/Paule Marrot Canvas

hassafras

Mar 30, 2008
Hi everyone, this is my first thread on here. I am new to HH, and scored my first two bags in the last sale (a Pallenberg in Graphic Plaid, and a Pastis Satchel in Leaves). I love them, and can't wait to start carrying them.

But the OCD part of me thinks that I should pretreat the leather trim and canvas bodies of these bags first. The Pallenberg has Chalk leather and the Pastis is a taupe brown. I'm more concerned about the Chalk since that is also what is on the bottom of the Pallenberg.

What do you gals (or guys) suggest using to pretreat it? I'm going to stay away from my darker, newer denim for the time being, but would like to avoid scratches and markings since that chalk leather is so darn pretty. Is Scotchguard appropriate for the canvas parts of the bag, or is there something better out there?

Thanks for any help! I plan on uploading pictures tomorrow if anyone is interested in seeing them IRL. =]

Yes, I did, but I couldn't find anything specific regarding the canvas. And I found several mentions of leather protecter in various unrelated threads (like the Sale thread, etc) but I was hoping to find more targeted answers.

Maybe I need different keywords. =]

You're fine with scotchguard on the canvas. If you pick up a spray that states 'for leather and fabric' water and stain repellant or protector, you can do the whole bag. I have several HH canvas/leather bags and use KIWI brand but have heard Wilson's spray smells nicer. I have also washed my HH canvas bags in the machine, so never worry about them.