Present for my sister, shall I put this through the post?

belebalahung

Jun 6, 2019
My sister is not into designer items, not that she doesn't appreciate them, just that it is hard for her to justify that kind of money on a bag. My personal opinion is that every girl deserves at least one item from chanel, so I have purchased this for her as a present for her giving birth to a lovely boy (maybe also for her birthday, christmas, anniversary of the coming next 10 years :P). The problem is that she lives in Sydney and I am in Asia. With lockdown, it is not possible to travel to see her. Do you think I should put this through the post / DHL / FedEx to get this to her or should I wait until it is safe for travelling and give it to her in person? (which seem to be never at this point) what was your experience with these delivery services? which one would you recommend?

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-19 at 4.38.42 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-19 at 4.38.42 PM.jpeg

My sister is not into designer items, not that she doesn't appreciate them, just that it is hard for her to justify that kind of money on a bag. My personal opinion is that every girl deserves at least one item from chanel, so I have purchased this for her as a present for her giving birth to a lovely boy (maybe also for her birthday, christmas, anniversary of the coming next 10 years :P). The problem is that she lives in Sydney and I am in Asia. With lockdown, it is not possible to travel to see her. Do you think I should put this through the post / DHL / FedEx to get this to her or should I wait until it is safe for travelling and give it to her in person? (which seem to be never at this point) what was your experience with these delivery services? which one would you recommend?

View attachment 4882630

View attachment 4882631
Oh my goodness- that is the most beautiful shade of coral/peach I have seen and you are the most generous sister I can imagine! Congrats to your sister :heart:
Honestly, I would wait until you can see her again. I don‘t trust the postal services...:-s and don‘t you want to see her face when she opens it?! I‘d say wait...

Oh my goodness- that is the most beautiful shade of coral/peach I have seen and you are the most generous sister I can imagine! Congrats to your sister :heart:
Honestly, I would wait until you can see her again. I don‘t trust the postal services...:-s and don‘t you want to see her face when she opens it?! I‘d say wait...
I agree with this on the waiting and embracing the moment when she open it! But should you decided to sent it to her, make sure to use a very well known private courier and buy insurance. In this case, disclosing the full price for your own sake if anything happen during the shipping. I know many has got away with no insurance nor stating the real amount so the custom fee can be minimal but just recently someone shared in this forum that she lost her money just because seller use a cheaper postal and the package is missing and the seller just blame it on the courier.

On the other hand, if you disclose the full amount, you need to tell your sister to take care of custom duties if any (I think yes, Australia charges tax on imported goods)

Reactions: C.Ly