Prefer basic black or colors?

jill39

O.G.
Apr 6, 2008
Hi All
Usually on the LV forum, but slowly moving into Chanel a little. Do you all prefer black in the different bags or the seasonal colors? Would love some advice from this wonderful community! TIA

Reactions: BagsB4Bros
Black for me. I used to struggle with the idea that I needed to add color to my Chanel collection but have finally realised that I prefer Chsnel's classic bags and like them best in black. (I save my color choices for my Celine bags as I find their bag styles work better for me in other colours.)

Personally I don't really like black bags. In fact, I even sold my black classic flap years ago and never regret it. I currently own just 3 black bags in my whole collection, two of which are vintage bags I received from my mom (one H and one Chanel). The only one I bought myself was a so black boy, which was my first black bag in years, and I only bought it because it was quite unusual.

Reactions: fally and missie1
Welcome to Chanel, we love new members :smile:
I have a weakness for black handbags, for years I always told myself that black goes with everything. As I get older I realize that yes, black is a classic color, but black does not go with everything, it can be a bit harsh, especially here in Florida, where the sun shines almost daily, during the summer black can be HARSH. That is just my personal opinion and completely respect that others may not feel the same.
I have added beige, navy blue, red and brown to my collection, hoping to add a green and pink classic flaps in the future.

it depends what you like. if the seasonal bags are your cup of tea then definitely lots of colors to choose from.
i prefer classics in Chanel - black and/or beige (thought it's no longer considered a classic)

Reactions: marie132