Pre-Loved Speedy 25 Advice...Please!

LV_Pup_Luvr

Nov 4, 2015
Hello ladies..I'm hoping to get some quick replies on the Speedy 25 I just bought preloved (my first preloved purchase!). The corner piping has some wear on it, but I'm not familiar with this bag so should I be concerned or will this hold up OK? I also put a link in to the rest of the bag listing from Ebay...looking for advice since it was listed in excellent condition but I feel I got a great price for it ($465). Thanks!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Louis-Vuitton-Monogram-Speedy-25-Satchel-/172612629480?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&nma=true&si=OCWRCu9bxsOMNeP82gpD0rNWMas%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

asdfg.jpg asdf.jpg

You could fix that with some leather conditioner and shoe polish. This type of wear is common. Less of a problem if people take care of the leather trim on their bags. I have had bags for over ten years that still did not show this but I clean, condition and waterproof the leather on my bags. My friend throws her LV bags on the floor and I have noticed all her bags have this type of wear.

You could fix that with some leather conditioner and shoe polish. This type of wear is common. Less of a problem if people take care of the leather trim on their bags. I have had bags for over ten years that still did not show this but I clean, condition and waterproof the leather on my bags. My friend throws her LV bags on the floor and I have noticed all her bags have this type of wear.

Thanks for the quick reply. I just ordered the Apple brand kit...so you think that I could just give it some "love" and it would be good? I've seen a few pictures online where the core of the piping actually pops out...just didn't want to deal with that!

Given the year of the bag. I think it's in pretty good condition, not excellent but very close. The price was great!

Is the piping on only one side of the bag (piping on both of the corners of the one side)? Or is the piping messed up on all four corners?

If nothing else is wrong with the bag I would see if the piping can be replaced by LV, if the replacement cost wouldn't be too much. That would be the determining factor for me when deciding to keep the bag.

Looks like corner scuffs. The piping isn't almost exposed so it looks okay to me. Speedys are boxy so bumping the corner edges is unavoidable. Just stay mindful when you maneuver around LOL! The shape does take some getting used to, at least it did for me when I got my first Speedy and Gucci boston. Same shape, same banging into things from time to time. Your gonna love this classic though. Congrats&Enjoy!!

Looks like corner scuffs. The piping isn't almost exposed so it looks okay to me. Speedys are boxy so bumping the corner edges is unavoidable. Just stay mindful when you maneuver around LOL! The shape does take some getting used to, at least it did for me when I got my first Speedy and Gucci boston. Same shape, same banging into things from time to time. Your gonna love this classic though. Congrats&Enjoy!!
Thanks for the quick reply...sounds like the corners are OK! Do you think the price is reasonable for the condition? I don't mind putting in a little cleaning and conditioning love to it...I just didn't want to commit the nearly $1,000 before knowing if I liked this style of bag!

Thanks for the quick reply...sounds like the corners are OK! Do you think the price is reasonable for the condition? I don't mind putting in a little cleaning and conditioning love to it...I just didn't want to commit the nearly $1,000 before knowing if I liked this style of bag!
I think the price is reasonable for the condition. Speedy pricing is all over the place and if you can find one in pretty good shape under $500 that's a bonus. I think it was wise on your part to buy pre loved as a tester instead of $1000+ on brand new. If you decide to sell down the road you can probably make most of your money back too as long as it's in good condition. I told my hubby that buying LV is a win win and it's the truth.

Yours looks fine! If you are willing to have it changed (all leather including handles ) expect to spend nearly $400. I had my speedy b 25 revamped; it cost me $540