Pre-loved, re-dyed white First

Cheshire Cat

Long live McQueen
Feb 12, 2007
Some of you who read the Authenticate This! thread know that I took a chance on a white First last week. It's from Spring '04 so has the pewter hardwear and a longer shoulder strap. It had also been re-dyed to remedy an ink stain. Apparently two other people had originally bought this bag - the first just backed out, and the second one got it and returned it, saying it had been "painted" not dyed.

So I was a little nervous to get it and see what I'd actually bought, but it arrived the other day and I love it! The leather is more papery than the original Bal leather would have been, but it does appear to be dyed rather than painted, and some leather moisturiser is softening it up nicely (although I don't expect it will ever be anywhere near as nice as it was originally). The leather has turned just a little bit creamy, which I like; I didn't want a super-stark bag. It's definitely authentic and I love the silver hardwear on the white. It's also perfectly broken in and slouchy, just the way I love my bags. Overall, a wonderful bag for $500! :heart:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1010003.jpg
    P1010003.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 113
  • P1010006.jpg
    P1010006.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 113
^I wondered about that too. The seller was very nice and super-helpful, but she was advertising it as a City, so I don't think she knows a whole lot about Bbags. Someone else speculated that because the inside tag is leather, it is actually probably an '03. (Which is actually even cooler!)

^I wondered about that too. The seller was very nice and super-helpful, but she was advertising it as a City, so I don't think she knows a whole lot about Bbags. Someone else speculated that because the inside tag is leather, it is actually probably an '03. (Which is actually even cooler!)
It is an 03 because the metal tags didn't come about until f/w 03 s/s 04. Great steal;)