Pre-loved B or B from boutique?

Boutique or Pre-loved?

• Pre-loved

Votes: 38 64.4%
  • Boutique

Votes: 21 35.6%

• Total voters
The other thing that came to my mind is that London (New Bond Street) experience was very poor. I had to wait for 1 hr for the SA (though I had an appointment) and then there was another person after me so no champagne (not that it's necessary but it was my first big bag), quick check and next person.
I had a proper experience in a small boutique in Warsaw but they typically have few visitors so my friend and I spent 2 hours there, drinking loads of champagne, chatting with SAs and SM and trying other things.
I guess it's not that important for some but if by 'boutique experience' one means the exciting and celebratory time, one might be disappointed.

When my favorite SA worked at Hermes, I bought bags from her. But, I also bought very happily from recommended resellers.

I purchased from Designer Exchange and they were great! Keep in mind that if you order online you can return. I don’t think you can for store purchases. The photos aren’t the best but they’re pretty quick at sending additional ones or any other info. My bag came with a Bababebi certificate paid for by them as did others that I looked at. I don’t know if they do that for all of there H bags, but might be worth asking. I did check with Bababebi that it was genuine (no reason to suspect otherwise, but I’m a worry wart!).
I was in almost the exact same situation as you, 60 miles outside of London and although I visit fairly regularly (or I did prior to lockdown) it wasn’t likely I’d have any luck in a boutique anytime soon. Plus with preowned I’m just a bit less worried about actually using the bag. Price was good too!

I'm not based in London so can't provide advice on the in-store purchase or chances.

But I did get my first B pre-loved and I don't regret it! I got it from a physical store, they allow me to try different sizes, colour/hardware (that was available at that time) and definitely gave me a chance to see what works and doesn't for me (size/colour). Also using a pre-loved B gave me less mental pressure!

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
I’m torn. Some of the reseller’s (like new) Birkins I see are twice retail so why not spend at the H store and leave with a bunch of Hermès goods + a new Birkin vs. a really, really expensive reseller Birken only?

Reactions: loh
Pre loved would be the way to go if you have your heart set on a specific color. Even if you buy a bunch of stuff and develop a relationship with an SA there is no guarantee they would have the bag in the color you want right then and there. You would have to either be lucky one comes in that you wanted or place an SO and wait even longer. At this point it’s easier just to spend a little more on what you want to have it now.