Prayers for My Girl...

louch

Jan 15, 2009
OK, here I am a veterinarian, having to make a very difficult decision about my own dog. She's my little angel, 15 years old and apart from having Cushing's Disease, is in pretty good health. The problem is that when I had her diagnosed with Cushing's Disease (an excess of cortisone in her body), the ultrasonologist found a mass in her spleen. It is growing and may be cancer or it may rupture if I leave it.

It's been such a difficult decision about what to do. Do I leave the mass on her spleen alone? If it ruptures, she would very likely die. If I have it removed (I wouldn't do it myself), she might not recover well from the surgery. It might be cancer.

Anyway, I am going ahead with her spleen removal. It's scheduled for Thursday 26th May by a good friend of mine who is an excellent surgeon.

I am so anxious about the whole thing. I've never had a dog I have loved this much and I've had a lot of pets!! We have been through some of the toughest times of my life together and all she has done is love me, cuddle me and want a walk and some treats occasionally (OK, most of the time!). I have had some very dark times and she literally kept me going - there was no way I could leave this planet and leave her behind.

This is so hard being on the other side of the table so to speak.

So if anyone has any extra prayer or healing energy, I would really appreciate it directed towards Molly on May 26th.

Thanks everyone :flowers:

God of the universe, be present with this your creature. Bless Molly and "louch" who cares for her, now and always. Guide the hands of the surgeon with care, and please allow an easy recovery. Amen.

Sending good vibes from Southern California.

Sending many prayers for Molly. Sounds like you have done everything right, now it is out of your hands. I have been where you are and my Kelsey (10 years old) did great through the surgery. The mass was cancer and the vet said she got it all. That was 2 years ago and all is still well. Praying for a great outcome for you and Molly.