PRADA ISSUES?

Stacy31

O.G.
Sep 27, 2008
Hello all! So this is my first Prada purchase in about 6 years, and I have to admit, I am highly disappointed. Can anyone share if these defects are normal for Prada as of late? My last Prada purchases were in 2015 and 2016 and both bags are close to pefect, sans some wear on the corner of my double bag. TIA for your feedback! I am waiting to hear back from client services for the next step. Feel free to tell me if this is normal for recent Prada purchases, as I do not want to exchange and end up in the same situation. Really disappointed, as the color is absolutely stunning. I have no idea how this got through quality control. There is bubbling in two areas, the front bottom corner and the side near the piping.

pradamango1.jpg

pradamango2.jpg

pradamango3.jpg

pradamango4.jpg

Have you seen the guy on tiktok that pulls apart bags and examines the leather & workmanship? He said something important recently and it might even have been a prada bag in the clip. He was reminding us all the leather is a natural material and that the animals it comes from sometimes have scars. From scratches or just natural scars in their skin, and often these scars appear just like this. He said if you see this its not a bad thing as prada uses very good quality leather, but that you can see the anomily means its not heavily finished (coated) which is also good. He criticizes that prada coats its leather too much for the sarafino finish, but it shouldnt as their leather is good quality.

Have you seen the guy on tiktok that pulls apart bags and examines the leather & workmanship? He said something important recently and it might even have been a prada bag in the clip. He was reminding us all the leather is a natural material and that the animals it comes from sometimes have scars. From scratches or just natural scars in their skin, and often these scars appear just like this. He said if you see this its not a bad thing as prada uses very good quality leather, but that you can see the anomily means its not heavily finished (coated) which is also good. He criticizes that prada coats its leather too much for the sarafino finish, but it shouldnt as their leather is good quality.

Thank you so much for sharing! I will check out the video. I just didn't want it to be an issue that got worse. It does not appear to be raised, so that's good! Thanks again and I will try to find the video

Thank you so much for sharing! I will check out the video. I just didn't want it to be an issue that got worse. It does not appear to be raised, so that's good! Thanks again and I will try to find the video
There's only a degree of truth to this. The two places that @Stacy31 points out appear to be either glue/sealant or someone patching a defective area. Again, unacceptable at the Prada price point. If this item had been purchased on the secondary market and repaired like this, no problem (for me anyway) because the price would be a fraction of buying a new Prada and one tends to expect imperfections on pre-loved bags.

Just as an aside, Prada does NOT retain its value for a lot of these types of issues. I've seen newer bags on the secondary market selling for less than 25% of what a new bag costs these days.

Was it the same one where he compares Prada to Tory Burch and shows how Prada dyes their leather all the way through and TB only coats the top? I saw that clip and found it really insightful.

Have you seen the guy on tiktok that pulls apart bags and examines the leather & workmanship? He said something important recently and it might even have been a prada bag in the clip. He was reminding us all the leather is a natural material and that the animals it comes from sometimes have scars. From scratches or just natural scars in their skin, and often these scars appear just like this. He said if you see this it’s not a bad thing as prada uses very good quality leather, but that you can see the anomily means it’s not heavily finished (coated) which is also good. He criticizes that prada coats its leather too much for the sarafino finish, but it shouldnt as their leather is good quality.

Reactions: Roie55