Prada fairy....what are they really selling for and how rare?

zestypasta

O.G.
Sep 21, 2006
Hey there
I'm a Bal girl but I have always wanted this bag.

I'm shocked by the prices on Ebay...is this what they are worth realistically or are they over priced there and there are better deals to be had. I also don't know anything about this here and the acronyms in my research are confusing me.

I want a white larger or medium size one ideally. What are they selling for and do they pop up here ever? Any info would be greatly appreciated

Oh wow, those prices are high! Fellow Bal girl with a deep love for the Prada Fairy Bags - I have two actually, in cipria and prugna. I’ve seen them go for around $2000 on TRR and Fashionphile in recent years but given they’re from 2008, good condition 15 year old bags are even rarer now and that might be why the sellers think they can get away with selling them at that price.

Photos of my bags as eye candy

IMG_0526.jpegIMG_0461.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh lord! Those are beautiful!
I would even take a pink! I didn't know they came that color.
Those $10,000 bags on ebay are nuts right?

And are there a lot of fakes? I had to learn how to authenticate Bal on site as best I could to assemble my large collection (well, fairly large compared to the queens here with 30+ bags)

I hope to gain another jewel in a few months but I know nothing about these and would prefer to buy here and not worry and get fair price.
10.grand isn't fair right?

TRR.makes me nervous. I remember scanning the site everyday and finding fakes and calling to alert them to take them.down
Are.they better now with authentication? I haven't been adding to collection in 4 years. I would love one of those bags though

Oh lord! Those are beautiful!
I would even take a pink! I didn't know they came that color.
Those $10,000 bags on ebay are nuts right?

And are there a lot of fakes? I had to learn how to authenticate Bal on site as best I could to assemble my large collection (well, fairly large compared to the queens here with 30+ bags)

I hope to gain another jewel in a few months but I know nothing about these and would prefer to buy here and not worry and get fair price.
10.grand isn't fair right?
I remember the fakes for the fairy bag being pretty bad and quite easily detectable through photos. I’m not sure if they’ve produced better fakes since then.

Yeah, 10k seems nuts. I think if you check the sold listings on eBay, that should give you a guide on how much they’ve been selling for.

My fairy bags are floppy with age so I’ve added inserts to keep the shape. Once removed it’s just a smooshy pile of leather.

So they are made of.leather? No other skins were used? I thought there were crocodile ones...maybe I misunderstood. The acronyms confuse me because I'm such a newbie. I'm only conversant in Bal.
Need guidance but I have a few months before I would even consider this and another bag first.

Unless a miracle happens next week

Oh wow, those prices are high! Fellow Bal girl with a deep love for the Prada Fairy Bags - I have two actually, in cipria and prugna. I’ve seen them go for around $2000 on TRR and Fashionphile in recent years but given they’re from 2008, good condition 15 year old bags are even rarer now and that might be why the sellers think they can get away with selling them at that price.

Photos of my bags as eye candy

View attachment 5933534View attachment 5933543
I love the Prada Fairy bag! It’s the perfect bag that “got away” for me! ❤️

So they are made of.leather? No other skins were used? I thought there were crocodile ones...maybe I misunderstood. The acronyms confuse me because I'm such a newbie. I'm only conversant in Bal.
Need guidance but I have a few months before I would even consider this and another bag first.

Unless a miracle happens next week
Croc Prada fairy bags sound awesome, haha. I’ve never heard of or seen one. They’re made of leather but I think there was another purse forum post that said some bags have linings that are vinyl, not leather but they look pretty much the same

I know there was a re issue at some point, andnsome bleeding issues. I just want ideally one with leather lining (although I want one so I may havento settle), and don't want to worry about bleeding. But these acronyms are completely throwing me as I look through older threads. Cam anyone summarize?

Hi, I am going to piggyback off this thread and see if anyone has any data points or idea of how much the Prada Fairy tessuto tote (with dustbag and cards/receipt) has been selling for lately? I am likely moving soon and need to downsize, but I cannot find any recent sales online to assess what I should get for it. Here's a few pictures for reference as they are rare.
Prada Fairy 1d.jpgPrada Fairy 2c.jpg

If anyone sees.one because I am moving and working and can't troll like I used to.and doesn't mind...please.let me.know.

Is that red on ebay as rare as the seller claims?
I had that red one and sold it years ago. I think the color is called Peonia and it’s more pink than red. Wouldn’t say it’s more or less rare than the other colorful fairies like Astro or Cipria.

Hi, I am going to piggyback off this thread and see if anyone has any data points or idea of how much the Prada Fairy tessuto tote (with dustbag and cards/receipt) has been selling for lately? I am likely moving soon and need to downsize, but I cannot find any recent sales online to assess what I should get for it. Here's a few pictures for reference as they are rare.
View attachment 5939950View attachment 5939951
Really unique! I didn't know they came in this style.