Prada Choc Brown Cervo Antik Hobo -- durable or delicate?

bags'rus

Sep 5, 2007
I love the handpainted cervo antik hobo in brown. If you have this bag, please tell me if it scratches easily. Do you have to baby the bag to keep it looking new? Would you buy another one?

bags'rus... which brown? i have the cervo antik drawstring in cacao and a cervo antik tote in naturale... as you can see, i love the antik treatment!

i've used the naturale tote more (although I love love the drawstring) and I have yet to see any scratches. My first prada is an antik cervo satchel in bianco... loved it so much, i got the drawstring and the tote. If there are other colors available, I would get it in a heartbeat. Although I hope they don't because I am embarking on a purse ban.

As to keeping them looking new, the thing with the brown antik cervos is that, to me they have already have a 'worn-out' look - so I don't have to worry whenever I use them.

Good luck!

Marose, not sure what to call the color. It is a bittersweet, dark chocolate on the edges then becomes more of a milk choc as it gets toward the middle. So the color is not consistent. It has a very casual look.

I also forgot to ask, anyone know the retail price? There is a used one on Ann's Fabulous Finds for $1250. Bag measures about 15"L x 14W"X 3"D

Is your color "Noce"?? (darker brown) That is a pretty color!!

Regarding durability, does anyone out there know of anything to help "protect" (or treat) the leather?? Or does anyone know of someone I should e-mail to find out? I'd be happy to e-mail them. I went to the prada.com website but I couldn't find info on this. By the way, have you seen their opening page today (www.prada.com).... I wondered if I was at the wrong site!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to do a doubletake. It's like naked puppets or something. Whoa.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

I just checked AFF and saw the hobo you're talking about. Seriously, I don't know if this is cacao (which is pretty close to the pic but has a reddish tint) or another dark color. Ann's pics are usually good representations of the actual color... but here I'm stumped. Either way, I'm attaching a pic of my cacao so you have a point of reference.

I got two of my antik cervo for full retail price at more than $2k, and the other was 50% off at almost $1500.

Ann is great - i've bought from her before and my experience was awesome - call or email her and ask her if the bag comes with the authenticity cards, the color would be indicated there. She also sometimes gives discount, depending on the bag i think. It doesn't hurt to ask.

As for the size, I am on the short side so I stay away from any bags that is over 12" tall because they tend to make me look slumpy(ier). But I think it all depends on the body type because I've seen petite girls with bigger bags than mine and they look fab... i guess some are just blessed, while some got the short end of the stick (that's me!:smile:

I have this bag--bought it on ebay. I looked on AFF, and the colors look darker than mine and others I've seen IRL. The bag retailed for $1560 and usually sells on ebay for around $800. Just make sure you get it authenticated if you buy one on ebay. The one I bought is a little more "used" than the seller described, but it's still a great bag.

They turn up on ebay fairly often. Hope this helps.

Carolina... it is in cacao color right? I just did a quick search and all I found was cacao...

here's a link of a 'review' of the purse: http://www.thelatestluxe.com/deerskin-luxe-with-the-prada-cervo-antik-shoulder-bag/

there's one on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Prada...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
It looks good to me BUT PLEASE have it authenticated on the authenticate this thread. If you can request seller to give better pics of the logos/tags, that would be better.

Yes, I'm looking at the card now, and the color is Cacao, and the retail price was $1510.

The one on ebay looks good, but like you said it needs to be authenticated.

I think the one on AFF looks very dark, and the price seems high for a used bag. :shrugs:

there's one on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Prada-Cervo-Antik-Deerskin-shoulder-bag-Cacao_W0QQitemZ150238447932QQihZ005QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
It looks good to me BUT PLEASE have it authenticated on the authenticate this thread. If you can request seller to give better pics of the logos/tags, that would be better.

I absolutely would NOT pay the price AFF is asking for that bag, not even if it were brand new. The eBay one looks good so far, but as you guys have heard my rant before: It drives me nuts that sellers won't cough up the chump change it costs to include the enlargement function on their photos with high dollar items.

That being said, if you're interested in this bag ask the seller to activate the enlargements then post it on the Authenticate This thread above.

Yes, I'm looking at the card now, and the color is Cacao, and the retail price was $1510.

The one on ebay looks good, but like you said it needs to be authenticated.

I think the one on AFF looks very dark, and the price seems high for a used bag. :shrugs:

Thanks for clearing the color up.. hate it when I can't figure it out. Eats at me until I know whether I'm wrong, right, or just entirely crazy for brooding over something so mundane as purse color. :s;)

I absolutely would NOT pay the price AFF is asking for that bag, not even if it were brand new. The eBay one looks good so far, but as you guys have heard my rant before: It drives me nuts that sellers won't cough up the chump change it costs to include the enlargement function on their photos with high dollar items.

That being said, if you're interested in this bag ask the seller to activate the enlargements then post it on the Authenticate This thread above.

Yep... next time I sell on ebay, I will be sure to enlarge pics... would hate to be the target of that rant! :P:lol:

I love the handpainted cervo antik hobo in brown. If you have this bag, please tell me if it scratches easily. Do you have to baby the bag to keep it looking new? Would you buy another one?

I have read all your posts and appreciate your comments on the AFF price fpr the hobo.

HOWEVER, I did not see many responses to the 'durable vs. delicate' issue on Prada's with this leather treatment.

Thanks for sharing your experiences and opinions.

I have read all your posts and appreciate your comments on the AFF price fpr the hobo.

HOWEVER, I did not see many responses to the 'durable vs. delicate' issue on Prada's with this leather treatment.

Thanks for sharing your experiences and opinions.

It seems to be hit or miss to be honest. I've had not so great luck with it. I had a zip close continental wallet and a zip close hobo style bag. Around the edges of both, the finish was beginning to wear away. Now the LEATHER was fine. It was just the finish. Since the treatment has a distressed effect to it, you may not be bothered by it because it just looks like part of the distressed look.

Again, I know lots of Prada gals that haven't had a bit of trouble so it's almost a crap shoot. An expensive one at that!

I just rearranged my purses yesterday (so DH doesn't notice new additions) and I had to pull out my purses. My cervo antiks are still in pristine condition. Like I said, I haven't yet noticed any scratches on the leather. All my corners and edges, as far as I can tell, are in A+ condition. Please note, I've only had these for about 4 months and they're not used all the time because I like to rotate my purses. I don't doubt that the finish may fade away in time like PP said, but because of the distressed look, I don't think that happening would look so out of place on the purse. As a side note, the leather is unbelievably soft and so so smooshy!

Thanks PP and marose28. It helps. The bag is magnificent and the leather unbelievable.

I also like the naturale color and would love to purchase one for my spring/summer bag. Good decisions to have to make.