Pourpre Work.. Should I ?

French75

O.G.
Jan 25, 2010
Hello ladies !!
I need a litte advice about Pourpre. I don't own any red bags, and I start to be really attracted to pourpre, especially on a Work ! I would love to have a red bag, but Sang is a little to bright for me. I think I prefer Pourpre.
I have a Galet GSH City, a Tempête GSH Day. A 03 blue jean city is on her way too, but I don't have any Work... I know it's a good size for me, I tried one already. I don't know why, but since this morning I've been thinking about that pourpre Work with jeans, white shirt and grey sweater :graucho: Sho uld be really cool:biggrin:
Anyway I know that Pourpre has pink undertones, I saw it in the store but not under daylight. How does it look ? Isn't it too bright ? I mean, I know it's not a bright color like Sorbet, but I would like it to be discrete. What do you think ? is it discrete and easy to wear ? Thanks a lot for your precious input as usual !! :biggrin:

I don't have Pourpre, but it's also a red that I would like. I love bright red bags on everyone else, but I don't feel they are "me", BUT Pourpre ... that one has grown on me. I think it's a perfectly wearable deep red/raspberry colour and I think it would be awesome in a Work.

I'd love to hear what everyone else has to say as well since I'm also hoping to add Pourpre to my collection this year.

I have a Pourpre Day and have been more than happy with the color. I think it will work for a variety of seasons too. At times I would call it red, other times a dark cranberry color. I was nervous at first because I am not a girly girl and didn't want anything that would read pink. I also didn't want a true red. I owned a red Marc Jacobs and it was too bright for me so I knew I needed some color, just more subtle. I usually wear black, brown, grey & white, along with denim so I find that Poupre is just the right amount of color. I've gotten so many compliments on the color and actually have a friend who wants to purchase the same color!

Hope you will post pictures when you get it, because you know you want to buy it! :smile:

shop2drop1 : Thanks a lot !! That's exactly the way I feel !! Not to be "a girly girl" and the fear of something looking too pink !! I'm very happy with your answer, "the right amount of color", I understand perfectly what you mean. I dress the same way as you do :biggrin:
Moonstarr : maybe we'll become twins :lol:

Hello ladies !!
I need a litte advice about Pourpre. I don't own any red bags, and I start to be really attracted to pourpre, especially on a Work ! I would love to have a red bag, but Sang is a little to bright for me. I think I prefer Pourpre. Pourpre is truly a deep, beautiful color!
I have a Galet GSH City, a Tempête GSH Day. A 03 blue jean city is on her way too, but I don't have any Work... I know it's a good size for me, I tried one already. I don't know why, but since this morning I've been thinking about that pourpre Work with jeans, white shirt and grey sweater :graucho: Sho uld be really cool:biggrin: You're right, I can sooooooo picture it with jeans and a white shirt with grey sweater
Anyway I know that Pourpre has pink undertones, I saw it in the store but not under daylight. How does it look ? Isn't it too bright ? I mean, I know it's not a bright color like Sorbet, but I would like it to be discrete. What do you think ? is it discrete and easy to wear ? Thanks a lot for your precious input as usual !! :biggrin:
Pourpre is not a bright color.......it's a very deep, rich red with a pink undertone. Very understated! I had a hard time deciding between the Pourpre and Raisin........I wanted to keep them both....but I couldn't. In a Work, I think the Pourpre is a better decision than Sorbet, only because I like more understated colors, the larger the bag. JMO

I am not a red bag person too. I have tried so many different Bal reds and sold all of them but only keep Pourpre. Pourpre has that unique rasberry red undertone which makes it so attractive. I'd choose Pourpre among all reds, no doubts.

I think Pourpre will look so great on you, especially with the clothes you described. The deep red will look really beautiful with your French colors, I think :smile: Gah, I wish I was French too, I'm all... beige. Swedish beige.

I have a Pourpre GGH Pom and I absolutely love this color! I'm into all kinds of red Bals, both bright and not so bright;) This color is a very deep red and is not bright at all, but it still does give you a little bit of pop which I like! And since it's so deep it goes really well with almost any color, IMO. Are you thinking about a GH or RH Work?