Pourpre v sang

Forever broke

Apr 23, 2009
Hiya guys,

So i've set my heart on a red bal. Personally I prefer brand new bags so I was very happy when it was revealed some time back that there would be a red colour for autumn. This colour ought to come to Cyprus in September. Unfortunatly I have not found a job so it would be unprudent of me to spend my savings. I have seen the swatch for next year (spring summer and I noticed the colour called sang). I am fairly easy to please with red, most shades I would find pleasing. I mean I was sad to have missed out on sanguine. I like most red shades. The only kind of red that I know I would not like would be an orangy red. How would you guys describe the colour sang? I did read someone describe it as a bit orangy).

What i'm trying to say is that even if I had got sanguine I would have still wanted pourpre, so given my current financial situation given that there is a red shade on the horizion I think it's worth the risk to wait. I really set my heart on buying something poupre but it's just not to be and i'm hoping you guys think that sang will be pretty neutral and I canfeel happier about it!!!

Tks xx

Hi Forever Broke,

I am having the same dilemna, can't decide if i should get Poupre or wait for Sang. :thinking:

I've not seen poupre in real life, but from the pictures, it looks like a red with bluish undertone, more like a berry-red, while sang (from the swatch) may turn out to be a brighter red with brown/ orange in it. I'm not sure but I feek Sang will be a livelier colour.

If you like poupre more, I suggest you grab it now if you can afford it financially.

Pourpe has too much pink undertone but sang may have less. Hard to tell as sometimes swatches look completely different than actual bags.

I purchased 08 ruby and was going to sell it to fund pourpre but after seeing pourpre decided ruby was the more red of the two. So now it's up to sang to determine if ruby stays or goes! Ruby is a pretty red, but it's not my perfect red. Neither was sanguine. I'm hoping sang is a dark, blue-based red that does not look burgundy or wine colored.

Don't blow your saving on a bag if you're not ready. It's not like Bal's bags will always be sold out for every season. You'll just have to dig deep and e-mail some stores. I'm sure Pourpre will still be available in SS 10. It'll just be somewhere. Plus, there's always EvilBay. ;)

Thank you weekender,roey and vink!

I'm going to look at the colour when it gets here but unless I suddenly get a job then if I got something in poupre it would have to remain in the wardrobe along with my last bbag. And what's the pleasure in that? Plus the guilty feeling of knowing that i've overstretched myself.

So i'll see what happens, maybe if my luck changes i'll get something at Christmas time. If not then hopefully sang will be a nice colour.

xx