Pouchette Metis as Travel Bag?

MrsJoff

Dec 31, 2017
Hello All :smile:
For those of you who own this bag (pref the black empreinte leather), wondering if you would mind sharing your thoughts about using this for travel? Looking for something not too heavy to hold just the essentials for a day out (sunglasses, eyeglasses, mini wallet, few cosmetics, phone, bits and bobs...), chic and elegant without screaming "money." I'm a seasoned traveler but bonus points if it's not totally accessible to pickpockets. Any thoughts/suggestions for other possible bags? Thanks in advance! x

My last two trips, I've seen ladies carrying their PMs in the airport. Only the PMs, no other bags, no carry-ons, no shopping bags, no bag lady syndrome. Both times, seeing the PMs "in the wild" have made me twist my neck so much I might have fallen or walked into a pole! One bag was the reverse, and the other was an empreinte...probably black.

My last two trips, I've seen ladies carrying their PMs in the airport. Only the PMs, no other bags, no carry-ons, no shopping bags, no bag lady syndrome. Both times, seeing the PMs "in the wild" have made me twist my neck so much I might have fallen or walked into a pole! One bag was the reverse, and the other was an empreinte...probably black.
Are you sure there wasn’t a pack mule nearby?

Hello All :smile:
For those of you who own this bag (pref the black empreinte leather), wondering if you would mind sharing your thoughts about using this for travel? Looking for something not too heavy to hold just the essentials for a day out (sunglasses, eyeglasses, mini wallet, few cosmetics, phone, bits and bobs...), chic and elegant without screaming "money." I'm a seasoned traveler but bonus points if it's not totally accessible to pickpockets. Any thoughts/suggestions for other possible bags? Thanks in advance! x
I think it would be a great option, along with a Speedy b DE.

Reactions: MrsJoff
Great travel bag for the essentials. So comfortable, especially crossbody. But if you need to carry an umbrella or water bottle, I would recommend something a little bigger. I can’t even imagine how a pickpocket would access this bag- I would think it is pretty safe.

Yes, the umbrella thing could be a bit tricky. I'm just so tired of carrying a larger bag and being the pack mule for everyone else, even if it's just one person who wants to carry nothing or a smaller bag. It's my turn to look cute! haha
Any thoughts on something a bit bigger? I really would prefer not to but for the right bag... It's really all about weight on shoulder, really.

Yes, the umbrella thing could be a bit tricky. I'm just so tired of carrying a larger bag and being the pack mule for everyone else, even if it's just one person who wants to carry nothing or a smaller bag. It's my turn to look cute! haha
Any thoughts on something a bit bigger? I really would prefer not to but for the right bag... It's really all about weight on shoulder, really.
The Speedy B 25 would be an awesome option.
However, an umbrella fits inside the PM. Fitting an umbrella is one of my criteria when buying a bag. I only own two bags (both non-designer) that don’t.

The PM works well for an everyday bag and especially well whilst traveling because of its size, weight and most of all its functionality.

I would highly recommend the Pochette Metis or Speedy B 25.

Enjoy your travels.

I used to own both (until my pm cracked on the flap) so I will share some thoughts.

I think speedy 25b is a better travel bag because it holds more, has less hardware to worry about, and can serve as a foot rest when put under the seat on the plane (or maybe only I use it for that purpose....) I have used speedy 25b many times for travel and it has always been able to hold all my stuff.

There are two pros of the pochette metis: it is closer to the body when worn; and it has more organization. The back pocket is very handy. It can be carried under armpit. It can be worn while being strapped into a seat. Because it’s slimmer profile, it can be more discreet.

I really do love pochette metis, even though I think speedy 25b is more practical. But ever since mine had the glazing issue I haven’t been able to justify getting another..... thinking about it often, but haven’t pulled the trigger.

Reactions: LouisVuitton4Me
I love crossbody bags and I am very finicky about them. I used to have Pochette Metis (I eventually sold it) and it is generally great for daily use BUT there is one big con for me: the lock pops open if I overfill it just a little bit. I tend to not baby my LVs so this was a problem and I had to look for a bag with a closure that worked better for me. I agree with above poster that the Speedy B is a much practical bag, but PM is definitely aesthetically nicer.

I have both. Speedy B25 in DE and PM in noir empreinte. The speedy b being canvas is definitely lighter but the PM isn't too bad as well. I would probably take the speedy B because it can carry more and is more carefree. It can be put down in the floor too without any problem because of it's wider base which I'm don't do in with my PM. The PM stays close to the body and doesn't bump into things.

Good luck with your travel :smile:

I have an empreinte pm and i have travelled a few times with it. Very comfortable to wear and functions perfectly. I never worry about anything falling out unlike my neverfull mm or gm which i constantly check on just to make sure everything is still there.

The PM is great for travelling and a day out to town.
I also could have an umbrella and water bottle with me!!!
Buy a small “rectangular” folding umbrella.
And for water a “memo bottle”! It’s a flat multi-use bottle, that comes in various sizes. But the A6 is the best in my opinion.
This way, I can have it all in the PM and pretty much almost any of my handbags :smile:

Reactions: weezer and LV_4ever